2011 GMC Canyon

2011 GMC Canyon Prices
2011 GMC Canyon Fuel Economy
A standout truck. by Roadhawg on 12/15/2012. Trim: 2011 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Smooth ride, plenty of power from the 5.3 engine, nice exterior looks, tows my boat easily. Nail the gas and it will surprise most vehicles. Decent gas mileage.
Cons: None so far and my truck is a 2010 model.
Overall review: Plenty of truck for the money.
You rally need a V8 ! by WV Mountain Man on 02/23/2012. Trim: 2011 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Definitley the 300 HP V8. I tow a big pop up in the West Virginia and Pennsylvania hills. My 2005 five cylinder worked hard in the hills. The V8 does not work as hard. I get 16 MPG in town and 19 on highway. The five cylinder got 15.5 in town and 23 highway. You should see the surprise on the big trucks trying to keep up.
Cons: Nothing yet ! I have had the Canyon for almost a year now.
Overall review: Heated seats are a nice option in the winter. Crew cab nice size with grand kids. Lot of compliments on Aqua Blue exterior. People have stopped me to take pictures of my truck
One Tough Truck by Richie Florida on 05/12/2013. Trim: 2011 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: My 2011 Canyon is a 4WD factory 3 inch lift extended cab V8. I have yet to have a single problem. It is perfectly suited to driving around town or taking it in the woods. I have never been stuck and considering the mud and water I go through not many can say that. For it's size the truck is a beast. After adding running boards, aggressive front grille guards and tonneau cover the truck looks as tough as it really is.
Cons: Needs a better sound system and a 6 speed tranny would have helped my interstate fuel economy but this is really nitpicking since the truck is a great bargain for the money
Overall review: Add a 6 speed tranny and this truck would be perfect.
Oh my aching back by Robert on 12/03/2012. Trim: 2011 GMC Canyon SLE-1 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: A nice compacted truck, the merlot metalic paint was nice.
Cons: No power cloth seats, no adjustable steering wheel, fuel mileage should have been better for a 5 cylinder, sound system had no auxilary input jacks.
Overall review: We owned this vehicle for two years and put on 11,000 miles. It was OK for just driving short distances but once we started driving 200 miles or more at a time it was the most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever road in. Now granted it's a truck, but I'm a truck guy I don't mind feeling the road. We didn't get the SLT power adjustable seats and that may have been the issue. That's what we wanted but the deal couldn't provide. We're older folks, early sixties and by the time we got 200 miles down the road we were starting to cramp up and could not get comfortable no matter how adjusted the seats. We traded it in on a Ford Explorer XLT power seats driver and passenger. I don't feel at the trim level that we bought that this vehicle is worth the money. I should be about $5000 less. For $28,000 dollars you should be comfortable no matter what distance you drive.
My Canyon in the Canyon by DeAnn on 09/02/2012. Trim: 2011 GMC Canyon SLE-1 Crew Cab 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Upgraded from a 2008 Chevy Colorado to a 2011 GMC Canyon. The Canyon is far superior in performance going from a 4 cyl. to a 5 in the Canyon. 6 cyl. power with a 4 cyl. gas milage. The back seat could be a bit roomier. Th four wheel drive works excellantly in the deep sand and the snow. Engages in and out smoothly. Have owned this one for a year and no probems. Would buy another one.
Cons: Back seat is too small.
Overall review: 9 1/2 out of a 10.