2011 Volkswagen Touareg

ADBlue Problems by Shane on 07/13/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Looks, TDI option, interior build quality, power, large gas tank
Cons: Limited cargo space, price
Overall review: After only one day of ownership had problems with ADBlue system, went to the shop and was told it was fixed with a refill of the ADBlue tank. 2 weeks later it had the same issue and spend the next 3 weeks in the shop waiting on parts . Very poor commitment to customer if problems are experienced. I have been very unimpressed with VW of America, they do not run an efficient or customer focused organization. I like the car. I am concerned about future reliability, but hoping that it was just a fluke.
Great truck, even better service and support! by Geohog82 from Ft. Smith, AR on 06/16/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Generally a great vehicle. Considered several others including Lexus and there was no comparison. Ride, handling and fuel economy are great for a crossover vehicle of this size.
Cons: With 6,300 miles, front differential had catastrophic failure. Turned out no fluid had ever been put in. Actually amazing that it lasted 6,300 miles! VW was awesome to work with though. They replaced the entire differential rather than trying to repair the old one and the vehicle's running better than ever again.
Overall review: Awesome car, in spite of the issue w/ the differential. Would recommend to anyone. I'm even considering trading in my 2007 Expedition for a second Touareg.
A really nice SUV for the money by Roll Tide from Atlanta on 01/06/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Lux, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I think the Touareg is a very nice looking SUV. I considered the new Grand Cherokee Outland, Acura MDX, BMW X6, and Porsche Cayanne. The BMW X6 drove the best but it was $62,000. The Grand Cherokee was a nice vehicle but I didn't really like the way it drove and I don't trust Jeep.The MDX just didn't compare in ride and drive. The Porsche was fabulous inside but equally equiped was $15K more than the Touareg with the Lux package. The Porsche and VW drove and handled the same. The Touareg has a great ride and drive and had plenty of pick up and overall was the best. The digital center with Nav, Phone, and Media is just fabulous and easy to operate and really why I bought the SUV.
Cons: There is not much I dislike about the Touareg so far. Things I think could be different are the CD player which is in the glove box and only holds 1 CD. 6 would have been better and if they could have worked it in the dash it would have been more convenient. Also while the Media center will bluetooth stream your music off your I-phone, you can't change songs from the steering wheel unless the phone is connected to a cord in the glove box. Then you can change songs from everywhere. However having your phone in the glove box is not a great option even though you can control all phone fuctions from the screen and the steering wheel. Just not convenient.
Overall review: Overall I am very pleased and feel like the Touareg for the money. I have not had it long enough to know what the reliability will be yet. It seems like it is well made but it does have a lot of technology on it to go wrong. Compared to all the new SUV's on the market comparing ride, drive, handling, and features you can use I felt the Touareg was the best SUV out there right now. It just had it all. I wish it got better gas mileage (getting around 18 around town) and that it came in a 2 wheel drive option, as I really didn't need 4 wheel drive, but that was not an option. So far I am very pleased but I have never owned a VW product before so I am not sure what to expect from a reliability perpsective. So far so good though. If your in the market I would diffinantly go drive it and see what you think.
Fantastic Vehicle by Sam on 11/21/2010. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great ride and comfort. 650 miles on first tank of diesel fuel. Solid build. Intuitive controls.
Cons: Can't keep my wife out of it so I can drive it just a little more.
Overall review: Most pleased. Can't think of another vehicle I would rather have.
Good vehichle so far by horsepro on 08/19/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Was not my first choice, however once I got in for a test drive. I was sold. The car handles incredibly well, has plenty of pick-up and is quiet and smooth. The media system is beyond easy to use and very convenient. The interior is a close second to its cousin , the Porsche Cayenne .
Cons: Under 5,000 miles I had a fuel cylinder go, which happened on a long drive home. 589 miles from home, I had it towed to the nearest dealer, per Roadside Assist. Be careful of which dealers you use......these Touaregs have to be serviced by certified technicians only. I ended up in the wrong dealer at the wrong time....and my dealer at home is now fixing the hatchet job done to my fuel reel and cylinders. VW has been great to work with and has had all new parts shipped from Germany.....Bottom line is great cars need to be serviced by great dealerships. The smaller dealer my not have the mechanics that are certified.
Overall review: So far so good......hopeful I will not have another fuel injector issue!