2011 Volkswagen GTI

2011 Volkswagen GTI Prices
2011 Volkswagen GTI Fuel Economy
GTI... wanted one back in college. Glad I finally got one 20 years later. by Crisis on 08/10/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen GTI 4-door Autobahn, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The way it drives. The way it feels when you drive it. Handling. Braking. Fit and finish.
Cons: On rough roads, the ride can get a bit harsh. But that is characteristic of any vehicle tuned in this manner. 40 series tires, etc.
Overall review: Excellent car that will put a smile on your face. Just finished a road trip from Seattle to LA on the 5 and returned via 101 and the 1 along the coast which is rated as the top drive on the West Coast. Handling the curves over cliffs of ocean was superb. Hours on end with not seat fatigue. Incredibly fun car that is so much better to drive than the BMW and Mercedes that I have owned prior.
my little jet by sal from miami on 04/24/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen GTI 4-door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: fuel , speed and super fun to drive
Overall review: the best car i ever had
Commuter Sports Car by dk on 02/16/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen GTI 4-door w/ Sunroof, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Hatchback: pretty and functional. DSG: comfortable and fun. Acceleration and handling makes the car fun to drive. Interior quality is like an Audi. Great gas mileage on highway 32mpg.
Cons: Maybe the wheel shape is a little too exotic for me but I am getting used to it.
Overall review: For $26k, a good value. My other car is an E36 M3 and I like cars that you can "drive" if you know what I mean.
Sweet GTI! by Bryan from Baltimore on 02/08/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen GTI 2-door Autobahn, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's a very nimble car. The DSG tranny is the best auto I've ever driven. The quality is second to none.
Cons: There are a couple things I wished the GTI had. Like automatic headlights. Is there another car in its price range without that option now days? More cubby holes to store items. The european version has storage under the seats and it would be a nice feature in the US. I can't really find any real faults. I can live with the couple I listed.
Overall review: Fun to drive, good gas mileage, nimble, and stops on a dime. perfect car for a commuter/weekend toy. Not many cars can handle both functions as well as the GTI. I haven't even had one second thought about the purchase of this vehicle. I was a little worried when I saw all the internet rumors about quality, but I started to talk to actual VW owners and everyone of them couldn't be happier with their cars. I'm now in that same club.
All-Star MVP of the league by turb0mikey @ NYC on 01/21/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen GTI 2-door w/Sunroof & Nav, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Powerful torque, smooth shifter and clutch, comfy and supportive seats, versatile everyday BEAST
Cons: Odd whirring sound every few seconds on startup, must be solenoids or something, standard 18" wheels look fantastic, but heavyweight wheels ruin fuel economy and overall dynamics. wider and lighter 17"s should be on tap for ultimate performers.
Overall review: If your heart demands performance but your brain and wallet demand good decisions then the GTI is the answer. It will dance a smooth waltz through the corners and coddle you during interstate/commuting slogs. Premium fuel and quality made components mean you should be prepared to play in German engineered operating costs. However the car is safe, satisfying, and is most everything you would need in your 20's