2011 Scion tC

2011 Scion tC Prices
2011 Scion tC Fuel Economy
Good but could be better. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/15/2012. Trim: 2011 Scion tC Sports Coupe 6-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling, easy to drive fast, decent mileage, interior space for passengers and cargo, stereo sounds good. Its not overly quick off the line, but pulls very nicely at higher speeds on major highways. I need to use cruise control more often as I have caught myself doing in excess of 90 mph. without knowing it. It is very solid, firmly planted and mostly undisturbed by wind gusts. Handling is decent but sometimes gets bouncy and skittery over rough surfaces, also feels a bit floaty in transitional curves. Mine is bone stock though, from what I understand, the TRD sway bars remedy this.
Cons: Styling, easy to drive fast, junk automatic transmission, cheapest interior since original dodge neon, Difficult to get in and out of in tight parking lots. This car sort of de-values itself. The panoramic sunroof is nice, be nicer if you could open it above 40mph without going deaf. The 6spd auto is a horror show, it will roll backwards when stopped on inclines, and is plagued by inconsistent shifting, excessive gear slippage, unpredictable and often excessive engine breaking, & excessive hesitation (when up-shifting) & too much automatic intervention in manual mode. 2012 Camry shoppers beware as well as these cars share the engine and transmission.
Overall review: If you can't drive stick, or want a responsive automatic stay away. The auto is garbage and may ruin your experience.
Good car but some cost cutting surprises on my Tc. by Wayne on 09/20/2011. Trim: 2011 Scion tC Sports Coupe 6-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I had a Scion Tc for 6 yrs and I liked it so I traded it for this one. I only have 2000 miles on it but it handles and performs well just like my last one. I am 73 so not only young people like this. I like the hatch back feature as I often haul boards for projects. It has lots of pep with 180 hp 20 more than my last one. It has a 6 speed auto as compared to my previous 4 speed. The fuel economy is fair averaging around 27.4 mph just like my last one.
Cons: I am not happy that this car did not come with a cargo cover like my last Tc did as standard equipment. It will cost me close to $100 plus tax to get one. I am also surprised that it came equipted with just one back up like. Really??? Why not two like most cars. So that makes me wonder what else I didn't get that I thought came standard with the car. Cost cutting measures, maybe only 2 wheels have brakes? Just check things out to make sure you are getting everything that should be standard equipment.
Overall review: Good car but watch out for cost cutting surprises.
Toyota Scion TC 2011 Automatic by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/26/2011. Trim: 2011 Scion tC Sports Coupe 6-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car handles very well and is fun to drive. The horsepower (180 HP) is very good for the price. Yes you could get more HP if you fork out 4-5K more for a mustang or a hyundai genesis but for the price this car is hard to beat! You get stock 8 speaker 300watt stereo sound system, stock 18 inch alloy wheels, stock moon/sun roof whatever you want to call it, stock seats in the back can tilt 10 degrees and plenty of leg room in back. Although windows of this car appear limited the side view mirrors eliminate blind spots. Car seems to respond better in sport shifting manual mode compared to the automatic drive mode. I also opted for the zero percent financing over 3 years :-)
Cons: Sitting in the back you have limited visibility looking out the windows. Also it could be difficult for elderly people to get in and out of this car because it's a 2 door coupe. This car is more geared towards a younger generation of drivers. This is not a downside but this car is a hatchback in disguise. The seats can also fold down so you can store large items in the back by folding down the rear seats. Also at the time of this review the cover lid for the rear trunk is not available yet and it is an additional option and is not standard included.
Overall review: This car for the price compared to Honda, Mazda, Nissan, Subaru, Ford....etc I found was the best bang for the buck. I am in Canada so the price started at 20,800 for MT and for auto 1K more. I opted for the fog lights and spoiler for the looks more than functionality. If I had the choice I would have gotten neither and done it after market through a shop that does customizations. The pluses are all standard options for the car: 180 horsepower, 300 watt stereo speaker system, cruise control, heated mirrors, ABS, traction and vehicle stability control, front wheel drive, 18 inch alloy wheels, telescopic tilted steering, flat bottomed steering wheel. The only minuses are the limited view from sitting in the back. When it comes to horsepower you always want more no matter what horsepower your car comes with so test drive the car first and see how you like it. Also this car rides over bumps more smoothly than my 2003 Mazda Protege 5.
Great Car by Lindsey on 03/30/2011. Trim: 2011 Scion tC Sports Coupe 6-Spd AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the overall appearance of the car. The exterior is sleek and modern. The interior is attractive: bucket seats, sport cloth, alpine stereo sytem, etc. The performance is also great. It has a lot more power than I expected and I enjoy using the optional shift option. It is one of the most affordable sports cars out there.
Cons: The only thing that I dislike is the fact that some of the plastics used in the car seem cheap.
Overall review: It is a great car and I would recommend it for anyone.
A Great First Start by Dane from Florida on 11/24/2010. Trim: 2011 Scion tC Sports Coupe 6-Spd MT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great looking coupe/hatchback, performance is better than i thought having seen the numbers but it will do 0 to 60 in around 8 seconds and the exhaust note is great from inside and out of the car (without the TRD package) lots of trunk space, really good stereo, seats are decent, nice steering wheel, very fun to drive.
Cons: some of the plastics used in the car are hard and cheap feeling, I kinda would have preferred an engine cover but that's not that big of a deal, other than that its a really great car!
Overall review: Overall this is a very good car. I resulted in buying a fake wood dash kit for covering the cheap plastic so now I really don't have any major complaints. I'd do it again.