2011 Toyota 4Runner

2011 Toyota 4Runner Prices
2011 Toyota 4Runner Fuel Economy
The end of a great dynasty by JJ from Vancouver on 11/12/2010. Trim: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4X4 V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: it is a 4 runner,and assuming they are still made in Japan, the quality will be there...... I hope.
Cons: 1) compared to my 04 LTD, this vehicle re-defines "ugly". 2) Compared the previous generation, they took away more than they gained with the re-design. height control for one. 3) Toyota has always held the flag that this is made for "off road". I do not disagree. but putting 19" low rider tires on the LTD and claiming an off road status????
Overall review: Toyota is really making some unbelievable marketing mistakes. I was ready to trade up to the 2010 until I actually saw this horror. its truly un attractive in a way that is obviously meant to cut corners. the last generation was great in the visual dept for sure. No 8 cylinder, no auto height control, and some other features are obviously missing on this truck. But the icing on the cake is so ridiculous its funny. 19" low profile tires on the LTD version that if taken even remotely off road, just a wee bit, would fold like a bad deck of cards. And if you want to go back to the 17's for a huge choice of tires, the dealer cant do it! I'm of the opinion that getting the next generation of any vehicle should be an upgrade. For me, going form the 04 to the 10, would not even be a lateral move, but a significant step backwards. Being a 4 runner owner since the 90's, this is the first time I'm convinced to look elsewhere, but I'm not sure who will step up to the plate.
Suzie's sweet Trail by Suzie from Atlanta on 10/06/2012. Trim: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4X4 V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: For a rugged off-road vehicle, the 2011 4-runner trail with KDSS has some "fussy?" fancy details; such as lights that illuminate when the mirror cover is slid back on the sun shade, and a built-in tissue holder in the inside lid of the console. (I like it.) Gas mileage is way better than my 02 Tacoma and the ride is awesome. I've only had it 2 weeks, so no off-roading yet. Also love the power driver seat height adjustment.
Cons: Would have liked a white color choice. The Trail running boards look too wuss-y. I'm opting for stainless or black nerf bars. Also, after 1 day of ownership in Atlanta rush-hour traffic, the windshield got dinged right in the driver's field of vision and had to be replaced. This was tricky and took two replacements. FYI-It is NOT DYI. Get a reputable glass replacement company. Most dealers can recommend. The bug deflector actually serves a purpose. I'm getting one.
Overall review: I researched the Trail for 2 years and opted for the silver 2011 with KDSS and NAV with back-up camera in dash over the 2012. They were nearly the same.
Real SUV... 2011 SR5 4X4 by Jorro on 05/07/2012. Trim: 2011 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4 V6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have a 2011 SR5 in Blizzard Pearl. I love the look of my 5th generation. The quality inside and out is superior to the competitors. The ride is smoother than I expected. This is not a crossover and should not be compared with them. Overall, I love it.
Cons: I do wish it had come with running boards due to its height.
Overall review: The build quality is second to none. I think my 4runner will go a long time and I plan on letting my son drive it in a few years. It is perfect for our family.
Great on road and off by Expo Eric on 07/01/2011. Trim: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4X4 V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Off roading with the Trail edition + KDSS is amazing. You'll want to upgrade the shoes first. The on road ride is very comfortable as well. I put over 18,000 miles on the vehicle in the first three months and loved every minute of it.
Cons: Not a fan of the Nav system. You can't input or change addresses while driving and it's map database isn't very good. I've already replaced mine with a Garmin. Also the paint seems a little thin and easy to chip.
Overall review: I'm using the 4Runner as my Expedition Vehicle, meaning that I've upgraded the suspension, belly armor, roof rack, ARB front bumper, etc... Basically I've added about 1000 lbs to the vehicle and it runs great. Acceleration with all this extra weight suffers a bit, but it's not bad.
4Runner by Joe from Leo IN on 06/03/2012. Trim: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4X4 V6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very comfortable ride. Lots of room. Sun roof is great. Nav system is mediocre. Would be nice to have a My-Fi system like Ford trucks have. Very solid feel / seems well built. No maintenance problems. Like the hood the trail has.
Cons: Engine performance is a bit anemic and is a bit noisy. Paint seems very thin - picks up chips and scratches easily. Front seats pick up "crush" lines on the door side of the seat. Dealer tried the "the factory added all these features that you did not order, so you get to pay for them." trick.
Overall review: Much nicer than the Jeeps I have owned. I seem to get Chevy Traverse quite often when renting cars (every other week) and the 4Runner has much higher quality interior.