2011 Honda Civic

Paint issues by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/11/2012. Trim: 2011 Honda Civic, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought my car new in September 2011. It runs fine and is comfortable. Gets me from point A to B.
Cons: The very first time the car was washed, paint blew off the side panel. After 6 months of owning the car, rust spots are showing up on the back side of the trunk. Very disappointed with the paint quality and lack of warranty coverage for this problem.
Overall review: Will not be buying another honda
owner by Ron Hayman on 06/02/2012. Trim: 2011 Honda Civic LX Sedan AT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: looks great handles very well.
Cons: sedan needs more horsepower , boy would that make a differents with this great car.
Overall review: fun to drive love the look of the 2010 great car.
Civic - Beyond Disappointment by tinkerbelle on 05/01/2012. Trim: 2011 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan AT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I bought my first brand new Honda Civic over a year ago. Since I brought it home, I've had problems with the exterior paint chipping very easily and the car does not want to start in the cold weather. I've had it into service several times, but each visit is useless. They cannot "duplicate" the problem, and when they test it, it shows nothing, so they send me home without resolve. I do not have any desire to purchase another Honda vehicle ever. In fact, I'm in the process of searching for another vehicle at this time. I'm beyond frustration.
Cons: Paint chips from exterior too easily. It does not want to start in cold weather. The seating is very low.
Overall review: Generally speaking, I've heard good things about the Honda vehicles. But, for me, because of the problems I've had, I will not purchase another one.
Honda quality not as good as it used to be by ogie on 09/11/2012. Trim: 2011 Honda Civic LX Sedan AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling is OK. It's pretty comfortable inside with plenty of room in the back seat and trunk.
Cons: We've only owned this car for 16 months and have already had to change the brake pads. The brakes started to squeak at 12k miles so we took it into the dealer who told us that it was the way we were driving and was not a known issue plus they wanted to turn the rotors (which were just fine). Luckily, my husband is a shade tree mechanic so we changed the brake pads ourselves. One pad was wearing unevenly. Now at 23k miles, the brake is squeaking again. Something is not right, and it's not our driving. We had a Toyota before this car for 3 years and didn't have to change the brake pads. Wish it had more power and less road noise too.
Overall review: Honda quality has gone down. We won't be buying or leasing another Honda again.
Great overall car by Civic Owner on 07/24/2012. Trim: 2011 Honda Civic EX Sedan AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The car drives great. Great handleing. Ok acceleration. Good brakes. Accurate fuel economy estimate from the EPA estimates. I get around 29 consistantly in mixed driving. I get 34-35 while driving on the freeway. After 17k miles, only been to the dealership twice for scheduled maintenance and for no unexpected reasons. The car feels very substanstial for a compact car. Very quiet and smooth engine. The tires, while noisy, are holding up fairly well. I rotate them every oil change (about every 7500 miles) and they have about 50-60% tread life left. I love the USB ipod/thumb drive hook up. The transmission shifts when expected and holds gear almost perfectly when going up hills.
Cons: There's a fair amount of road noise at highway speed, but i think that's just the stock tires. Not a race car, but I knew that buying it. Aceelerates well when needed, but it can take a few revs to get there. I'm 6'5" and I fit ok in the car, though I would be a bit more comfortable in a larger car.
Overall review: Overall excellent car. I had a 2007 corolla S before. it was a great basic car. The Civic seems fairly similar on the surface. But, after driving the Civic for a while, it's more confortable on long trips, the transmission shifts much more predictably, and it handles much better. Overall it's very refined for a small car. It's not the best at anything, but very good at pretty much everything.