2011 Kia Soul

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
I got Soul by Jon on 03/23/2012. Trim: 2011 Kia Soul +, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Gas, price, visability, sound system and overall handling.
Cons: The hampster commercial! All I hear about my car is "you can get with this or you can get with that". No backseat cup holders. Four speed trans. I wish I had waited for the 2012 model since they fixed most of my complaints.
Overall review: I have had this car for 8 months and drivven it almost 35,000 miles. I love it! The car has alot of pep. The interior is by far the best part about the car. There is alot of room for four people. I would go with a 2012 if you were looking into getting one though. The dont offer my orange color anymore or the Moca color. I thought moca was the best but they only had it in the delux modle.
Great car for the money! by Steve from Faith on 08/17/2011. Trim: 2011 Kia Soul +, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Lots of passenger room and comfortable, good handling, funky styling, great gas milage for the size, and inexpensive for the equipment!
Cons: Polarized sunglasses make radio display invisible. Needs a roof rack.
Overall review: This is a lot of car for the price, we paid $17,000 out the door. People here have complained about gas mileage, but we must remember that MPG is dependant on the angle of the accelerator pedal! Highway mileage is greatest around 45 mph and gets worse the faster you go! You can not get good gas mileage at 75 mph, nor taking off from stoplights keeping up with traffic. BUT, on a daily commute through the country, taking it easy on the throtle and allowing the car to accelerate without reving the engine, well, she gets 29+ mpg easy. The other determination in gas mileage is size of engine. You can not have 2 second 0-60 times and get 40 mpg, period. A 2 liter engine is a mid sized engine for this vehicle and allows the goodish mileage. Interestingly, this car is marketed for younger buyers, but in our area, more 50+ folks are buying them. Why?, its easy to drive, very comfortable, easy to see out of, and most important, easy to get in and out of while being inexpensive to own and drive.
32MPG is easy.....!!!!!!!! by The Jazz Man on 07/06/2011. Trim: 2011 Kia Soul Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Looks-is it an SUV? a cross-over? it seems to be somewhere on it's own. I test drove lots of cars from the new Elantra, Sonata, Mazda 6, Scion XB, Honda Fit, but this car FOR THE PRICE is by far the best. I got the Sport in shadow black-sticker price was $22,510 plus dealer fees of $1,200 = $23,710 and I paid $19,500! It has 18inch wheel, low profile tires, sunroof, heated leather seats, lighted speakers!, push button start! and the dealer gave me the maintenance package too - 6 oil changes and tire rotations! Go to Hendrick Kia in Cary NC and ask for Joel! I know the 2012 model will have more power and a 6 speed gearbox but this one drives just fine and I can get 32mpg if I take it easy!
Cons: Nothing really. Everything does what it's supposed to do. The 2 cup holders in the middle console kinda go under the center arm rest a bit so it can be awkward getting drinks in and out. Bigger trunk space maybe? and a little more power which the 2012 model gets.... but like I said - nothing really. It holds the road really well with the sport suspension and low profile tires. Oh, I wish the gas tank was bigger, it's only 12.7..... I'd like to get to 400 miles before filling up and not 350 as I do in this. :o)
Overall review: Not sure what that other driver is doing to get 21mpg? has to be his driving style because I can get 32mpg no problem and that's without using the cruise control. It's a great overall car, lots of head and leg room. I've friends who are 6'2" and when in the back they have plenty of room! Car is full of gadets for the price... mine also has 8 speaker infinity sound system with satillite radio, awesome! I've no regrets and enjoy driving my little jazz truck!
Found my Soul by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/20/2012. Trim: 2011 Kia Soul +, Owned 1 year.
Pros: My previous car was Tahoe and when it was time to replace it I looked at other SUV's - I never considered a "smaller car". One of my nieces talked me into checking out the "Hamster Car" - a Kia Soul+. Well, I have owned my Soul for over a year now and all I can say is AWESOME! I get almost 3x the gas mileage and with an hour commute one way to work - both highway and back roads -I feel safer in my Soul than I had in my truck-SUV. I thought of it (price wise) as an entry level vehicle but the darn thing came loaded with all the bells and whistles as standard features.
Cons: I was used to driving a 4 wheel drive heavy SUV through New England winters so it does take a little getting used to driving a lighter vehicle but so far no problems. One draw back - see below.
Overall review: I am so glad I test drove this car and after owning it for a year I wouldn't trade it for a Tahoe or a Jag! I have power everything, hands free BlueTooth, incredible sound system, air conditioning & heater that work so well I never go beyond the low to medium setting, spacious rear seating for 3 with -bonus- a nice cargo area. I have come to realize I won't be going anywhere without being seen as this car still makes a good impression on young (all about style) and old (I would like to think all about wisdom) alike. I have Sheepskin seat covers for the front and vinyl covers from Amazon in the back which is about the only thing I could have added. The only draw back to this car? When I go out with family or friends everyone wants me to drive!
Love it by Christov from Fort Worth Texas on 06/07/2012. Trim: 2011 Kia Soul +, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Inexpensive, good deal for the money. Great gas milage. I get about 34mpg.
Cons: Two things that could be improved. Paint seems a bit thin and the upgraded floormats didn't last a year (I have the Plus, but in manual.....yes, I sought this out and it wasn't easy to find in my area). But with saying that, it's an inexpensive car, so it really didn't bother me.
Overall review: I have a 2011. With the money saved on both gas and car payments from owning a Nissan Armada, I'm thinking of buying a 2012 and keeping both.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next