2011 BMW 5-Series

A lion for the mountains! by CSSerious on 09/03/2011. Trim: 2011 BMW 528i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I would say three things: super responsive, super quiet and super comfortable. We have driven it occasionally after purchase earlier this year. In one winter trip through the twisty mountain roads in West Virginia, the lion from Bavaria woke up from beneath the hood and left everybody else in the dust. The other cars and SUV's simply did not have the agility to handle the curves at that speed. The icing on the cake is about 30 mpg in highways and free maintenance for several years.If you are a Costco member, you can shop through their auto program, worked for me.
Cons: BMW must consider including an overhead place to keep sunglasses. I cannot think of any other thing that they missed. Do not plan to take it to work if your city is notorious for traffic like mine. It will be sheer waste of your money.
Overall review: Go get one if you ever wanted one. I have never come across anybody, young or old, who did not love the car.
Exterior is fantastic by Bender Rodriguez on 10/15/2013. Trim: 2011 BMW 535i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Obviously, the exterior design and the interior luxury. Top of the line.
Cons: The acceleration/pick-up. It's a heavy car, and the engine barely compensates for it. It picks up well after one or two "catches" on the transmission.. but when it does catch, it takes off and almost literally growls, very cool effect from the twin-turbo. Also don't like the navigation panel, it seems like its from the 80's.. it's all faded and grainy, where ideally it should be a high-def gloss pad like the iPad. Plus it doesn't come with internet on it, which would be SO easy to do. Also, the middle panel is kind of big which caught me off guard, it's way over-sized for the car and takes up like.. 10% of the whole front part of the interior car, it's insane.
Overall review: Overall I really like the car. The exterior is top of the line, one of the best designs in cars available today in my opinion. I also impressed by the drive train, and the acceleration. But with a V6, it's just like any other car, say a Honda Accord. Will likely purchase a v8 550xi next.
5-series by Ray form Germany on 07/26/2013. Trim: 2011 BMW 535i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very comforable ride. Handles great and I love the luxury aspects it has. There are a few great features like the reverse camera and the tilting of the passenger side mirror as you back up; center console buttons to rotate through media, nav, and phone; doesn't lag when I step on the gas. Roomy! Leg room in front and back along with huge trunk space.
Cons: Still doesn't have the simple way of using an IPOD. External device are becoming the norm and BMW hasn't stepped towards the changing times. I bought the "Y" cable and plugged it into my USB and AUX port and the IPOD still wasn't working. It will work if I plug it in using the AUX port but I still have to fiddle with the IPOD itself to change through the songs. Stereo system I think is sub-par. You have to turn it up quite a bit to get any good sound out of it. Add a better sound system and it would be O.K.
Overall review: I would definitely recommend this vehicle to someone. I like to listen to my IPOD while I drive and due to the fact of not being able to drops my rating. I wish they would come standard with the software to use all media forms in all their 5-series. My overall rating would be an 8 out of 10.
One BMW owner’s perspective by Another Gone Gator on 10/23/2012. Trim: 2011 BMW 535i xDrive, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The 2011 BMW offers better good fuel efficiency than the Audi A6 or the Mercedes E350. The 8-speed automatic clearly helps conserve fuel. The car is slower from a dead start than the Audi A6. My test drives of all three cars occurred in the NYC area. The styling of the BMW and the Audi were better than the Mercedes. In my area, insurance is slightly more for the BMW compared to the Audi or Mercedes. At first glance, the 2012 Audi styling is unbelievably good. Then I notice the cloth – like material in the upper door panel and the roof line. I keep thinking to myself “how would I ever clean this?”
Cons: Run flat tires. I plan to purchase a temporary spare and convert all tires to traditional tires. The limited truck space is a problem for a car of this class. The “Premium Stereo” is really bad for a car of this class. I have the standard “premium stereo”, not the top of the line premium. It’s obvious that the “ear candy” experience lost out to the “eye candy” experience regarding this model. I think that both Audi and BMW currently use B&O stereo systems. Another minor complaint – you have to learn to get into the BMW without scraping your backside into door cowling as the seat does not auto-adjust to allow you to uninhibitedly get into the cockpit.
Overall review: I compared three vehicles: The Mercedes E 350, Audi A6 and the 535i X Drive. For me, the BMW was the better choice. This is especially true as I plan to keep the car for a period greater than five years. While the Audi clearly had more “spirit” and liveliness, the BMW had more in the car “chill power”. The Mercedes is also built well, however I did not experience the “wow” factor when I drove the car. My priorities for the purchase were price, value, and color combinations. I purchased this car used and I got what I considered a fair deal. Speaking of wow factor, the Audi A6 initially has the best of the three. However I plan on owning this car for years, and to me the Audi came across as “Faddish”. The BMW and Mercedes dealerships were clearly more experienced than the Audi dealers. Once I purchased my BMW – I spent the next 1.5 hours getting a course in the car from the sales person. The dealer did not distinguish between pre-owned sales and new car sales
The Ultimate 5 Series by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/21/2012. Trim: 2011 BMW 550i xDrive, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love that put in the twin turbo motor with the x-drive system. it gives it all the more power for speed. I love the Multi contour Seats. My moms 7 series had it and when I went to BMW I knew i needed that Package. I also Like what they did to the Headlights they gave it the clear blue rings instead of the plain old white rings.
Cons: I think they would do better including more options in packagaes and less packages. when you go to place orders on these cars you choose from a lot of diffrent packages.
Overall review: Overall love the car and I can see my self sticking with BMW for now on. I use to be a Lexus Fan