2011 Volkswagen Golf

BUYER BEWARE by TDI on 04/03/2012. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Golf 2.0L 4 Door TDI, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Performance and Handling
Cons: VW warranty VW dealers .
Overall review: 10,000 miles TDI review covering 9 months. At 300 miles a tire blew out; WV / Continential would not replace. We purchased a new tire. 6 weeks, The paint starting flaking. At 10,000 miles the paint continues to flake. WV says its not their problem.
Our Best Buy Yet!!! by Perry on 12/25/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Golf 2.0L 2 Door TDI, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is our first diesel powered vehicle and with fuel prices today, I'm sure not our last. The 2.0L engine driven by a 6 speed manual transmission is a perfect combination. Driving this car in it's mother country (Germany) gives the owner a perfect opportunity to rate and rank it among the competitors like Mercedes, BMW, or even Opel. The power, handling, agility, and size make it a excellent vehicle in all driving conditions. Autobahn highways are all but flat and straight; driving this car makes no differnece how the road is shaped. The 140 hp engine can stay at top speeds (80-100 mph) all day long!
Cons: With only European delivery available in my particular case, I was not able to obtain some of the dealership niceties that are available or installed such as the sunroof, xenon headlamps, ground effects kit, etc. Pretty tough to swallow, since the car is built here in Germany.
Overall review: For approximately $ 3000.00 more over the gasoline base price model, the TDI is well earned money spent. Options like 17" wheels, multi-function steering wheel, lowered-sport suspension, 6 speed tansmission, touch screen multi-CD player etc., etc., etc., make the TDI model the best bang for the buck! Having owned this car for over 16 months, the "Blue Motion" TDI has a clean tailpipe just as when I first bought it!
Great Golf by Runchap on 12/21/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Golf 2.5L 4 Door, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: What don't I like about this vehicle? Having driven several Hondas/Toyotas, the difference is amazing. The Golf takes quiet to a new level for a small car. The interior materials are definitiely a cut above. Handling is precise, with an excellent balance between road-feel and comfort. This is such a sleeper car, since the styling is decidedly understated, but clean and functional. I installed custom wheels on my mini-beast. which enhances an aggressive look. If this car turns out to be reliable, like the others I've owned, V-dub has a convert.
Cons: You have to manually turn off the headlights; would be nice if they automatically shut off after a couple of minutes. The gas mileage is decent, averaging a little over 29(mostly city) mpg; could be a tad better.
Overall review: Best overall car I've owned, since the hatchback design allows lots of cargo. You might pay somewhat more for the Golf than you would the competitors. Trust me, it's worth it!
What a Undiscovered Star of a Car! by Ithndr from Roanoke, VA on 11/01/2011. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Golf 2.0L 2 Door TDI, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Fuel economy, engine performance, handling, ride, exterior appearance, interior quality, driver/passenger seats, 6 speed, multi-position sunroof, cargo space, head/shoulder/leg room, dash layout.
Cons: Rear hatch does not unlock with the other doors, awkward non-feature. I didn't know about the car sooner.
Overall review: This is a fuel efficient, drivers car, with quality materials/fit-n-finish. You will not be disappointed if you like VW's and Audi's. I have owned several of both, including BMW's and this car could wear any badge and make it proud. It really is a lot of fun to drive, but if that is not your thing it will make your spouse a very fuel sipping commuter. It is built in Wolfsburg, Germany, not Puebla, Mexico like its cousin the Jetta. You really won't believe the handling and the power the TDi brings at those MPG's mated to a short throw manual 6 speed. Buy it!
i luv my dub by me on 05/26/2012. Trim: 2011 Volkswagen Golf 2.0L 4 Door TDI, Owned 1 year.
Pros: one of my favorite cars I have owned It is like driving an audi at a vw price. I bought a diesel and with the correct driving style you can easly get 50mpg. The car has so much torque and the dsg is fun to drive that i can't drive slow.
Cons: I splurged for the navigation package and thought it was great until i drove my cousins ford. my nav system is not up to the level of the systems out there. I love but also hate the dsg it can be clunky and mine misses a gear now and again. the dealer said they can not find anything but I never trust the dealer
Overall review: the vw golf is the quintessential vw quirky odd and fun to drive