2011 Chevrolet Equinox

Great American made crossover! by Horace Mann, Utah on 02/28/2011. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great styling. Plenty of room for five adults. AWD works flawlessly in the snow/ice. For those who are worried about the 4 cyl in terms of power - don't. It has plenty of power and a zippy start even loaded down. The lighting and dash info is great (there's even a light in the center console storage). Oh, not one or two or three but FIVE auxiliary power supplies - 2 in front, 2 in the middle and 1 in the very back + USB power/MP3 doc in the center console. Eight beverage holders (2 center + 1 in each door - ditto for the rear seats). Eight airbags and a 5-star crash test rating makes this safe ride. Better power train & bumper 2 bumper warranty than the competition. I'd buy it again!
Cons: Small rear window and large back and front pillars create some sizable blind spots that take some getting use to. Although equipped with a luggage rack the cross pieces were not included ($250) and neither were the mud flaps ($90). But hey, that's how just about every car manufacturer gouges buyers. The engine is a little screechy at higher RPMs but settles down to a quite ride once up to speed.
Overall review: I considered the Hyundai Santa Fe, and Honda CRV before purchasing the Chevy. Get the backup camera!
Great Crossover by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/25/2014. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love this car. I'm a journalist and I drive for work. I went from a mid-2000s Jeep to a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ. I love this car. At first, it was a huge change going from a 4.7 V8 in the Jeep to a 4-cyl in the Equinox, but I quickly got used to it. The smaller engine still has a lot of power for its size and it has no problem getting going. It has lots of space to store all of my equipment when I need and is very stylish to boot! It's excellent in the snow (I have the AWD drivetrain) and never hesitates to start, even in negative temps. MPG and handling is super. And I have no idea what I'd do without my backup camera. There's also a lot of room in the center console.
Cons: The blind spots on this vehicle are huge due to the oddly-placed, angled and rather thick C-pillar. Ride is a little rough sometimes, and the noise of the engine is very loud in the cab. When it gets into the higher RPMs, the engine can be kinda noisy. The suspension could be a little better, which would lead to a smoother ride. The USB and auxiliary outputs in the center console can be a little tough to get to (I have a very small frame and so my hands have no problem fitting in there. My husband, on the other hand, is the size of a linebacker, and his hands won't fit.
Overall review: A great American crossover. Chevrolet didn't disappoint with this car. Great MPG, lots of room and lots of storage space. Seats are super-comfy and the car is great for longer trips.
Review ID: #581976 Is this review offensive?
great family vehicle by richard maryesther, fl. on 02/27/2011. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: great color blue great size average in town 23 mpg
Cons: none
Overall review: great price good size wife loves it and thats what counts
A good crossover SUV by Arfito from SC on 02/25/2011. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Gas mileage on hwy trips is averaging in low 40's. Size and handling are good. Remote start a good feature. Blue Tooth works extremely well. Back up camera a definite plus. A very quiet ride. Adequate power for the 4 cyl FWD that I own. OnStar and turn by turn navigation features work extremely well.
Cons: Seats are a little too firm, some blind spots but getting to know these and has not been a problem. In town gas mileage is not as advertised but car only has 1400 miles. My type of intown driving affects gas mileage--usually travel 1 to 2.0 miles, switch off and back home. (small rural community) Combined hwy mileage and city driving in larger cities averages about 27 MPG. Too much hard plastic in interior trim appointments.
Overall review: Overall vehicle lives up to advertised features. A good vehicle for the price. Good safety ratings for this size vehicle.
I would do it again!! by Robbiegirl on 02/17/2011. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I traded in a 2008 Highlander for this vehicle. This is much easier to park. The ride feels smoother. The leather seats are comfortable and heated and even in Florida, this is a nice feature. The ergonomics are set up well and everything is within reach. I love the onstar, blue tooth, xm radio, sunroof. Just a fun vehicle to drive. I have had it for 10 days now. I have not had any problems at all. Good tires out of the dealership. Steering wheel is provides more comfort that the Highlander did. I have the twighlight blue which is a stunning color. There are many storage areas in the car. Nice cargo area when the back seats are down. The most leg room of vehicles in its class.
Cons: There is a blind spot on the right side where the front of the passenger window and the mirror combine. This is taking some adjustment. The car feels solid but some of the inside materials could have been a better quality. I miss the programmable garage door and gate openers and have had to go back to having the modules on the mirror. No sunglass holder. The console is nice and can hold a lap top or handbag. I wish it were not situated to where you have to be 6 foot tall to open the console while driving. It is something I will get use to but I think it could have been planned better.
Overall review: I love the Equinox and can see why it is coming in as number one in many reviews. It was nice to watch a taped motor week and see it rated number one in the 29,000 dollar suv shootout. Performance was given an 8 due to the blind spot.