2011 Chevrolet Volt

2011 Chevrolet Volt Prices
2011 Chevrolet Volt Fuel Economy
Exceeded Our Expectations, Changed Our View of GM by Trader on 01/25/2012. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Volt Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Outstanding mileage - nearly 140 mpg after 13,000 miles. Ride as good or better than our old BMW. Awesome technology. Love this car.
Cons: Small back seat.
Overall review: The Volt has exceeded our expectations in every respect. It is fun to drive, the hatchback makes it surprisingly practical, it is nice looking and incredibly cheap to operate (costs less than $1.30 to drive 40 miles on all electric mode). It has all the advantages of an EV but also all the advantages of unlimited range like a regular gasoline car. It drives like a terrific German Sports sedan. It needs hardly any maintenance (the oil is above 70% with 13,000 miles).
Best Car for Today by Joe from North Hollywood on 07/01/2011. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Volt Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's quick, it's quiet, it rides great, it handles very well, hands down the best gas mileage/economy, wicked displays, awesome styling very high quality of construction (more what you would expect from Cadillac and Buick than Chevrolet), excellent materials, very well thought out and designed, very roomy even for two quite large men to sit in for the daily commute. Best of all, you just get in and drive. It's a car first and an EV/hybrid second. No need to baby it but if you do, you get even better mileage. Take trips long and short without worry. Surprising amount of cargo space.
Cons: Wish the roof were body color instead of black. But understand this is a carryover from the concept car to emulate the transparent roof that had.
Overall review: The more I drive this car, the more I enjoy it. Over a month already and still no need to buy gas. The dealer delivered it to me with a full tank and I've only used half a gallon. Plug it into a standard home outlet or go for the level II charger, your choice. There's really nothing else like this car and the fact that you sacrifice nothing to get all the EV benefits makes all other cars suddenly seem very old fashioned. You've got a Bently? So past tense. Lexus? Yawn. Prius? I won't dis em but I won't buy one either. If you want to try to outdo me, you better get a Tesla. And even that is debatable. Chevy did this car *right*.
Better than my 540i by Slapshot on 04/12/2011. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Volt Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I've owned many great cars, but this is the best by far. It's quick, stylish, and pure driving pleasure. My Volt (#541) handles as well my prior car (a BMW 540 Sport) yet uses 10X less gasoline. Normally, I never burn a single drop! For long trips, no worries--it averages 39 MPG in range-extended mode. This winter was brutal in Philly, and I loved every minute, so no worries there either. Volt Technology? (Don't get me started.) It's just amazing.
Cons: There is nothing to dislike about this car. I'm 100% thrilled.
Overall review: A perfect TEN on all counts!!!
Review ID: #551963 Is this review offensive?
Awesome car! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/06/2012. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Volt Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Total Cost of Ownership over 5 years is on par with a Cruze David Pellmann
Cons: none
Overall review: The Volt is an amazing vehicle that is better than anything else available on the market (and I have driven both the Prius and Nissan Leaf on more than one occasion). The Volt is stylish, sporty-fun, powerful, quiet, very comfortable and rock solid at highway speeds. People are genuinely shocked when they see it and many say "it looks better in person". When they drive it they are very surprised with its performance. But the most enjoyable thing for me about this vehicle is I simply plug the car in at night (like I would my mobile phone) and then wake up with the surreal feeling knowing my transportation needs for the day will be gas free! It really is more freedom than electric. GM truly has a winning formula with the Volt, OnStar RemoteLink, and dedicated Volt advisors which help the customer feel front and centre. David Ottawa, Canada
I Love My Volt by Steve in Mississippi on 12/02/2011. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Volt Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The best thing about owning a Volt is that gas station visits are seriously curtailed. And when I do go to a gas station, I only buy a couple of gallons. The efficiency of the electric motor is so very superior to a gas engine. I pay about 20% to 25% of what a comparable sized vehicle will pay to travel 100 miles, assuming $3.50/gallon gas. There is definitely a psychological effect. I find myself looking at some of the most sophisticated cars now and thinking, "Nice car, but it has a gas engine."
Cons: The visibility could be improved. There are some significant blind spots.
Overall review: I have been very impressed with the Volt. I owned a Honda Insight previously, which got 62mpg. The Volt makes the Insight look like a gas-guzzler. Most trips, I use no gas at all, so I am getting in excess (who knows how much more?) of 250mpg. I have had the Volt for about 4 months - and I'd buy it again, without hesitation.