2011 GMC Acadia

Acadia 2011 - room for improvement ! by CJ from Saratoga on 12/07/2013. Trim: 2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: vehicle very spacious - alot of room for people and their toys. an suv that handled like a car good acceleration and handling on dry surfaces appealling to the eye - nice lines for a suv !
Cons: If you're looking for mpg - not your vehicle. certain interior design features were not user friendly ie; usb port, garment hooks.
Overall review: I've owned the vehicle for three and a half years as of this review. I am a very active individual and spend many hours in my vehicle. I demand performance and reliability from it and have very little patience when I don't get it. I've got to say for the most part my Acadia has delivered. With that said I must express some concern with the vehicles reliability over the past two to three months. I've put 65,000 miles on the vehicle as of this review. My dealerships service department and I have been spending way too much time with each other lately. It's got me thinking maybe it's time to move on to a new vehicle - something I'm not ready to do yet ! This is my first Acadia so I have no measuring stick to judge this experience. I know it would be helpful to me to have other Acadia owners tell their stories. I would consider purchasing the vehicle again but ----- !
Big Red by Brooks on 07/26/2014. Trim: 2011 GMC Acadia SLE FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle has a very comfortable ride due to long wheelbase, comfortable seats, nice power, nice looking vehicle, very quiet ride. It is a heavy vehicle which helps to improve the ride. The power tailgate is nice, Compared to a lot of big SUV's this one has a relatively uncomplicated dashboard. We don't like the current crop of swoopy and curvy cars and SUV's; I like this one because it is more squarish.. My wife says she feels safe in the Acadia. I like the switch to turn off the daytime running lights. I am not a big fan of them.
Cons: Prior to this vehicle we had 2 Astro vans and a GMC Safari van. Had the Safari for 15 yrs and loved it for it's interior room and comfort. The Acadia is a lot smaller inside with much less storage room. The Acadia doesn't have enough room for the luggage for 6 people. The Acadia has a lot of blind areas and requires more caution when maneuvering in traffic.. Of course the mileage isn't too good, but we were used to that from the 3 minivans we had. I just had all the speakers replaced to improve the quality of the standard sound system. I am sure the Bose in the higher models sounds awesome.
Overall review: We really love the vehicle. It is very comfortable to travel in. The red jewel tintcoat is really sharp when waxed and we have added some chrome accessories. For as big as the vehicle is I thought it would have more interior room. Our Safari had 170 cubic ft compared to the Acadia's 115 cubic ft.. We definitely recommend this vehicle. Our other car is a 2010 Mercury Mariner. We expect to have this car a long time.
Awesome family vehicle!!! by Country boy on 07/03/2014. Trim: 2011 GMC Acadia SLT-1 FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Very roomy,quiet love the bucket seats in the back the nav system Is better on the 2011than my 12 toyota the mpg is ok I'm getting as advertised 24 highway 19 all around about 14 city if you want good mpg better get a smaller vehicle for its size its pretty good on gas the space and room make up for mpg and I refuse to own a mini van all in all the family and myself love it!!
Cons: The USB port and aux jack should be in or near the. Center console not on the dash!!!
Overall review: I love this car its perfect for my family (2 kids) I also commute in it there's plenty of room and I love most of the features except the location of the power ports and USB port gm could have thought that thru a little more I think they fixed it on the new 2013 14 15's I test drove all the major brand compact SUV's and the acadia was by far the best for the price if you want great gas mileage by a car or keep your foot out of the pedal I've found you really have to drive this vehicle softly to achieve the advertised mpg and around town its just going to be 14 or 15 tops so if you drive alot of city miles don't expect to much I would highly recommend this vehicle for family's who don't want mini vans ps get one w a DVD player kids love it!!
the ultimate gas hog by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/26/2014. Trim: 2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 FWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: drives great rides great
Cons: should get 24 to 26 mpg. hwy. your lucky to get 18 to 19 hwy. and 11 mpg. in town the dealership said said that there is nothing wrong with it should do better when it brakes in it now has 34,000 miles on it and it still gets the same gas milage must not be broke in yet .
Overall review: i love it except for the mpg.
Review ID: #582096 Is this review offensive?
Great Acadia !! by Stilts of Ohio on 10/01/2013. Trim: 2011 GMC Acadia SLT-2 AWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Comfort level is excellant.....at 6'9" I'm a a big guy who likes to have some room ...the Acadia provides it .
Cons: no dislikes yet
Overall review: Great vehicle for a family and above average heigth people.......