2011 Ford Escape Hybrid

We Love the Escape Hybrid by chemist26 from Harleysville, PA on 09/21/2011. Trim: 2011 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Fuel mileage is much better than the sticker says. I regularly get about 33 mpg on the highway and 37 in the city, and this is with 4WD. The vehicle also has a wonderful suspension, yielding a very comfortable ride. And my wife and I are very impressed with the styling. The vehicle has lots of electronics that seem to be state-of-the-art (i.e. Sync, Bluetooth, etc) although we don't use alot of that. We do appreciate the backup camera, the Sirius radio and the navigation system. And also the 110 volt outlet comes in very handy from time to time.
Cons: This is just nitpicking, but there are a few things we would have appreciated. The biggest one is to get rid of alot of the hard plastic surfaces in the interior of the vehicle. Also a power liftgate would have been nice, as would a coolant temperature gauge on the dashboard (the non-hybrid has one, but the hybrid replaces it with a battery gauge). And also a power passenger seat.
Overall review: Overall, we are alot happier with the Escape hybrid than we thought we were going to be. Although the cost of the hybrid is significantly higher than the non-hybrid Escape, it is paying itself off quickly, especially with the higher cost of gasoline these days. Consumer Reports says the hybrid doesn't handle as well as the non-hybrid and it's very noisy. We have driven both versions and don't find the handling to be any different at all. And the engine noise is not intrusive most of the time, and easily drowned out by the radio. The biggest problem is that I always have to fight my wife for use of the Escape on a daily basis. We both want it, but she usually wins out. We would definitely buy another Escape if we werre in the market for another vehicle/
COOL, GOOD LOOKING ESCAPE HYBRID by Adrienne from Charleston, SC on 09/15/2010. Trim: 2011 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I previously owned Ford Five Hundred Lim. and gave it to my husband. With this vehicle, I go slower and see the results when I fill up. It is a comfortable vehicle, and I can see over the steering wheel for the first time. I need the height. Only discomfort is my seat went out, and now it makes noise, going back to Jones Ford Friday to fix it. Great investment, hope to keep it a long time. Please don't change anything.
Cons: I would like to see a step up into the vehicle added. I am short and have to swing myself into the car.
Overall review: What can I say, "I LOVE MY HYBRID", the first vehicle I really look forward to driving.
PEACE OF MIND, EXCELLENT QUALITY, LOW FUEL EXPENSE... by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/05/2011. Trim: 2011 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: EXCELLENT QUALITY....ZERO PROBLEMS....PEACE OF MIND IS OF GREAT IMPORTANCE TO ME,.
Cons: NONE
Overall review: THIS IS MY SECOND SCAPE. WE HAVE 2 AND WE LIKE THEM BOTH VERY MUCH.