2011 Chevrolet Aveo5

2011 Chevrolet Aveo5 Prices
2011 Chevrolet Aveo5 Fuel Economy
Nice Little Car by EuroCar from Upper Midwest on 04/03/2012. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Aveo5 1LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Sporty European design. Great gas mileage - as long as you drive it decent. Price was great - especially for a car that was only a year old - purchased 2011 Aveo5 in 2012. Layout is roomy - great legroom in front and back. Seems to do well blocking out the outside noise. Smooth ride - handles rough city streets well, country roads too. Great features too - kelyless entry, automatic windows, air conditioning, cd/mp3 player all for a great price.
Cons: The only thing I dislike is the speedometer - I don't care for the design only showing every 10 mph increase. I feel like I need to watch my speed alot closer - and reading it can be difficult if just glancing down at it.
Overall review: Great little car for people who might be on a tight budget, like a more European design car, small - sporty - great fuel economy, great price for features and the overall value down the road.
inexpensive transportation by buckeye on 03/08/2012. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Aveo5 1LT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It was inexpensive. For comparable vehicle with an automatic I would have paid much more. It is small but surprisingly roomy inside.
Cons: handling is a little mushy, the fan makes noise depending on the temp.
Overall review: It was cheap reliable transportation. I have 30 mile commute on two lane rural highways and it works out fine. Definitely not a car you buy if you view a car as a status symbol, but good if you have other things to spend your money on. Depreciation and fuel are the #1 and #2 costs of driving. This is pretty good for both.
Very good cheapmobile by ds960 from Boynton Beach on 05/12/2012. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Aveo5 LS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have had mine for 4 years and 120000 plus miles and besides normal maintenence and one valve cover gasket, have had to do nothing to it. I am 6'5" tall and find it comfortable enough to travel in. When on the road I usually get between 36 and 38 MPG.
Cons: Bumper paint quality ( seperating and flaking some )
Overall review: I would not hesitate buying another one of these. Not flashy at all, in fact a little akward looking, but, very reliable.
Fun to drive by Lighting Bug, Northern CA on 04/26/2012. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Aveo5 1LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Economical, and very roomy. I bought this as a second 'get around town' car and really enjoy driving it. So far I average 28 MPG in the city. I have not taken it out on the highway.
Cons: No horse power. When you sacrafice HORSEPOWER to get better MPG, I guess thats to be expected. Again, I bought this Aveo for the mileage, not horsepower. I guess I can't have both. :-)
Overall review: Well worth the money. I bought a used 2011 Aveo5 with 3,000 miles on it for $11,900. I truly enjoy it and feels it was a good purchase.
My little Chevy by jamescyberjoe on 04/18/2011. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Aveo5 1LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I just bought this vehicle and so far I'm happy with it. Seems to be well built but time will tell. One thing that impresses me is the amount of interior room for such a small car! One thing with this car-to get the best fuel economy you must have a very light foot and don't push it hard and the mileage increases. IDK other than that I like it, I don't push my cars hard and this one came very well equipped so I think it's a great commuter car for now. For such a small car it's very well appointed. I love the OnStar.
Cons: However, so far I'm not getting the advertised gas mileage. I took it on the highway and I did get 22 MPG but for tooling around town it's even worse. But then what car gets it's advertised fuel economy? Annoying central locking system only allows you to unlock doors by pulling up on door lock. Pulling on the door handle does not unlock it-seems archaic and possibly dangerous if you ask me.
Overall review: Nice around town car. Lots of room and can be economical if easy on the gas pedal. Was certainly easier to buy than it's competition like over at Nissan and Honda. Overall experience with this car for me is positive.
Review ID: #552042 Is this review offensive?