2011 Mazda Mazda2

2011 Mazda Mazda2 Prices
2011 Mazda Mazda2 Fuel Economy
Mazda, we're back!! by Jim on 12/30/2011. Trim: 2011 Mazda Mazda2 Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent value for the price. It handles well and I'm getting 35 mpg in city/highway mileage. We had a '91 Protege and it was a great car. My wife just loves the way it zips around. It's fun to drive. Mazda, we're back!!
Cons: Nothing so far.
Overall review: Don't miss out on an opportunity to drive this car. You'll be hooked on it too!!
Well made, practical, Zoom-zoom! by Dixie Pensacola on 03/11/2012. Trim: 2011 Mazda Mazda2 Sport, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This car is a great value relative to the competition, all of which I researched and drove. Standout value includes standard equipment of AC, CD/radio, power locks/windows, 4 doors, quality of materials and build, thoughtfulness of design. I get 30-32 mpg around town, and a recent road trip got 35-38, probably because of speeding 75-80 mph most of the way. Handling is responsive and precise, without being demanding. Acceleration is adequate, and the automatic transmission (which gets little respect from professional reviewers) seems smooth-functioning and responsive. Ride and road noise are what you expect from small size, but not discouraging, even pleasantly surprising on my 10 hour trip.
Cons: Considering all the unexpected standard equipment, cruise control would have been nice. In spite of that, my long trip was not stressful or strenuous, as the accelerator is easy to control. Minor quibble: I live in Florida and HATE dark interior upholstery, as it increases heat absorption. It uses regular gas, but requires full synthetic oil of an uncommon (0/20W) variety, which increases cost of maintenance. Auto insurance rate was higher than expected. Indoor power lock control is oddly located on center console. If the door is locked, it cannot be opened from inside without power or manual unlock. Defroster doesn't work very well.
Overall review: At the time of purchasing this car, I considered many factors. Initial and maintenance costs, gas mileage, safety, and reliability. Comfort and ease of use. This car checked off the most boxes for me. Space limitations kept me from describing the relative spaciousness of the interior and even hatch storage area, excellent visibility, ergonomics, comfort, cuteness--style and color (mine is bright green). I have read that the 2013 model may have either "Skyactiv" engine or "clean" diesel technology for maybe 20% better mileage. Skyactiv is currently available on the Mazda3, which gets 40mpg highway. Maybe 50mpg in the Mazda 2? If so, I may consider a trade. Otherwise, I expect to be happy in this one for a while. It feels like it is well made out of good stuff, and it drives easy. Zoom, zoom!
A great little car by SoJersey on 11/13/2011. Trim: 2011 Mazda Mazda2 Touring, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car feels alive on the road. I like the responsive handling and steering. It has better acceleration than I expected from a subcompact.
Cons: The electrical switches (turn signal, window) sometimes act up - I'm concerned about how these components will wear over time.
Overall review: A great little car!
Mazda2 Sport=Love by Clarissa on 09/28/2011. Trim: 2011 Mazda Mazda2 Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: SO MUCH FUN to drive and its cheap at the gas pump!
Cons: Needs to have better acceleration at speeds and fuel economy could be better for its size.
Overall review: love this car!
Fun AND smart by Steve from Faith on 07/25/2011. Trim: 2011 Mazda Mazda2 Sport, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: A hoot to drive, stylish and comfortable interior, unique exterior styling, low maintenance costs, very small invironmental footprint, very good gas mileage!
Overall review: I bought a blue Sport in March 2011 for $12,800. It's a blast to drive and I have averaged 37.42 mpg! A hybrid would return better numbers but not for $12,800 and it wouldn't be as much fun to drive. The amount of features for a base model at this price can not be matched by any other manufacturer nor can the ride, handling, and fit and finish, having driven them all. Not the best car for transporting 4 adults and the manual transmission would benefit from another gear at 70 mph, but this is a great little economy car that is at home on trip across the country or across town for two people.