2011 Chevrolet Traverse

Great vehicle by Richard from Colorado on 03/10/2012. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Traverse 2LT AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The best feature is the seating comfort, and ease of entering vehicle. AWD has been great in the Colorado snow, never worry about when to put vehicle in 4WD. Have driven vehicle in over of feet of snow with no problems. When compared with the Tahoe the third row seat is roomer and easier the excess. The fold down rear seats are easier to fold down and provide a flat storeage, unlike the Tahoe where you need to remove the third row seating for any storage at all.
Cons: The interior dash needs upgraded on the GM. Yes the fuel economy is not the best, but with all vehicles it depends on your driving habits. I have been getting between 20 to 24 on highway and 16 to 19 in city. Note that the Traverse is not a small vehicle. The navigation system is not the best compare to my Fords navigation system. Also the backup cam is very poor visiblity compared with my Fords system. The backup cam has lines part of time due to Sun Light and GM said that is normal. If that is normal why doesn't the Ford system have the same problem! I don't understand why GM does not install Fog Lamps on this vehicle. Very dum on GM'S part.
Overall review: We have had vehicle for one year with over 14,000 miles. Would personally buy vehicle again, if they correct the cam and dash problems. Even with pros and cons with vehicle. We as a family have made one out of state trip and this was a roomy and comfortable trip for all of us plus a year old grandson. I recommend the vehicle with the quad seating. Just so much more room.
OK Minivan by High Revver from NJ. on 05/12/2012. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Traverse, Owned 1 year.
Pros: its dependible like all Chevys
Cons: the 2nd row seats fold up and move forward to let you get in the 3rd row. too bad they can do it at 65 MPH when your grandchild pulls the handle and pushes her brothers seat forward!! there is no room to put anything between the driver and pasenger it interfears with the shift. blind spots on both sides of the front window, the strips holding the window are extra thick.
Overall review: I'll keep it
Rip off vehicle by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/07/2012. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Bought this vehicle new. Loved the room because we have grandchildren along with children still at home. At first appearance, we fell in love with it. Lots of room. Driving it felt like it was a lot smaller than it is.
Cons: Gas milelage. Hate it! Window sticker when we bought it showed the mpg to be 17 - 24. Never got over 17 and we are not lead foots. If I could afford it I would trade it in. I don't know for what but I would do a lot of research next time. The first 17,000 miles we smelled a funny smell on every trip the smell was just like natural gas. Took it to our local dealer and they could never get it to smell. Soon as we drove it off the lot it would do it for us. Dealer explained that we needed to reset the mpg and other things every fill up. What a big hassle. If we don't reset it the smell returns.I feel we are being robbed with every every fill up. Please help?
Overall review: If I could trade it for what I had before I would. It was a Nissan Altima and got 28-36 MPG. We are on a fixed income and can't afford to go anywhere now with the terrible mileage we get with the Traverse.
traverse by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/29/2011. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Traverse LS FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: comfort , ride
Cons: I am not getting the MPG for city driving that is advertised. I am only getting 14.5 MPG's. I am dissapointed in the MPG,s . They are not truthfal in their advertising.
Overall review: All in all I really like this vehicle
Good Car by Nick from Kansas City on 08/05/2011. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Traverse 2LT AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Stylish, comfortable, smooth ride, roomy, great stereo, fast, handles great for as big as it is, good brakes
Cons: HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE!!! Just and F.Y.I for everyone, Chevy doesn't rate the gas mileage, the E.P.A does. And they are complete LIES. 16 city 23 highway?! PSHH yeah right! I average 15.0 mpg in the city and highway combined. What a joke! Other than that.... it's a great car.
Overall review: Overall I'm happy with it. I just wish the gas estimates weren't completely wrong. If you can afford to put gas in it then buy it!