2011 Hyundai Genesis

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
2011 Genesis - A pleasure to drive! by Chafe99 on 11/22/2011. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8L, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is simply a great sedan. I’ve had the car for about a year now and it’s a pleasure to drive every time. Most notable is how quite this car is. While on the highway at around 70mph, I can hear my mechanical watch ticking! I’m often torn between enjoying the sound system or the just the silence. The engine power is there when you need it and navigating the instruments and controls is extremely simple. I’m averaging 23-25 MPG on a 25 mile hwy/city commute to work (3.8L engine). A few times I’ve hit 29 MPG. The navigation system is very easy to use and the sound system is also easy to operate without having to read the manual. The seats are very comfortable and the ride very smooth.
Cons: The only thing the bugs me is the backlight for the dash controls, which is a neon-like blueberry blue. I’m not sure what the folks at Hyundai were thinking when they chose this color, because I’m sure they didn’t drive the car at night. This particular color does not provide adequate contrast to identify the controls (air/radio) at a quick glance – unless you turn the brightness of the dash lights all the way up. I also would have liked a joystick to move the curser on the navigation map – as opposed to taping the screen to move the curser – very annoying.
Overall review: There is a lot said in comparing this car to a BMW, Infinity or Benz. I’m not going to knock them as I’m sure they are fine cars, but if you don’t care about brand name, this car is for you. You get most all of the features you’d pay for one those cars, but with $20,000 in your pocket – not the car company. I like that. Other than on the back (and wheels), there are no identifying markings on this car. You can also opt for the wing emblem, instead of the standard Hyundai circle for the trunk logo, which give the car even more anonymity. It’s a safe, reliable car with the right level of luxury and features. I know in five years, I’ll still get the same thrill getting in it as I do today. After all that’s what its all about.
2011 Genesis Review by Uneducated Consumer on 02/11/2011. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Genesis 3.8L, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Cost, style, comfort
Cons: NA
Overall review: Being a master prepared, poor, six figure income uneducated consumer (as was earlier posted) I must say I love this vehicle. Why would anyone pay twenty or more thousand dollars more for the same thing? I can only assume that the value of the Genesis is starting to get under the skin of people who spent too much money to have an emblem. Look, I have always been one to do my homework prior to purchase (it is what uneducated people do). Spend one hour reading message boards, professional reviews, and you will see the biggest issue with this car is that it has an H on the back. Once you test drive one you will see what all the fuss is about. I can only assume that when Lexus started the “uneducated consumers” who purchased it also had to ask themselves do I save a lot of money or spend thousands more? For what it is worth, now is a great time to get a Genesis. There will be a redesign in 2012 and the prices are very negotiable for the remaining 2011 (I got mine for under $30,000).
Solid Machine, unbeatable for the money... by Jeff on 02/15/2013. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6L, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the 4.6 engine, with great power and smoothness. I'm getting 23 MPH City, and almost 27 on the HWY! Sound system jams, and the 4 wheel disc braking is superb. With 36K on her, I'm looking forward to trying better rubber on it, but its not ready yet.
Cons: I hate that the turn signal has no warning if its left on by mistake, my old Grand Prix even has that.
Overall review: none
As Close as it gets by Keechi on 10/27/2012. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6L, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I previously owned 4 Mercedes before this car and can say with confidence that this car is a better car for the money. It has more room than the E series and more perks than come with the Mercedes. I have virtually no repair and a small fraction of the maintenance cost. The cruise control that adjust speeds and distances is standard and invaluable. This car cost half of what you would have to give for a comparable Mercedes. I get 21 mpg with my regular driving which includes a 25 mile compute daily and up to 28 mpg on 100 mile or more trips. The 4.6 engine is powerful and responsive. The interior is a dream. 6 yr/60k warranty and 100 k drivetrain warranty, all you can say is Winning
Cons: Not quite as solid as a Mercedes, but close enough! The only difference I can tell is when you are going over 130 mph.
Overall review: You will be totally satisfied .
KOREAN! by GERMAN ONLY on 09/18/2010. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6L, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: A Hyundai for more than 40k....what a joke!
Cons: no way!
Overall review: Buy GERMAN!
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next