2011 Chevrolet Malibu

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
The 2011 Malibu's Smooth Ride won me over.... by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/11/2011. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Smooth Ride,Quiet Cabin even on HWY,Remote Start,BlueTooth,Gas Sipper,spacious room for long legs, comfortable seats even on long drives,Ambient Lighting,Audio system is reliable, charges devices, has shortcuts to make wading through enormous lists of songs and artists easier, fades away when a call comes in on Bluetooth etc. Gear shift is nicely finished & slides smoothly and precisely between positions, etc. The trunk lid is extremely sturdy & wih gas struts can be closed from either edge without flexing or bouncing. Brakes are quiet and easy to control. The gas pedal calibration makes it easy to launch smoothly. The suspension is surprisingly taut & good at gliding at highway speeds.
Cons: n/a
Overall review: The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety ratngs on this Malibu give me a good comfort level & I recieved discounts on the car insurance policy for it's plentiful safety features.. That said, along with the smooth predictable ride with the quiet cabin and noticeably less road noise than many cars in its segment..... the Malibu is respectable and worthy.
2011 Malibu by Larry on 03/17/2011. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The looks, handling and fuel mileage. Rides very quite. Roomy for me at 6'2" tall. The first car I have owned that I don't have to move the seat all the way back. Leg room in the back seat is great. The fold down seats in the back are great also for putting large items in the trunk. Just an all around great car and don't leave out the side air bags. Look out BMW, Mercedes, Lexus. This car is very nice for half the price.
Cons: For a guy at my height 6'2" its a little tight getting out.
Overall review: Buy one! It beats the heck out of the rest
Great Car / Great Value - Worth checking out! by Craig from Galesburg, IL on 04/27/2012. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The 7th generation Malibu has been engineered rather well. The car is quiet during movement due to many sound deadening materials installed everywhere which contribute to a great ride. Rear leg room is more spacious compared to many other cars. Fit & Finish are almost there, tight fit everywhere, no rattles, two tone color schemes, comfortable seating, etc. Actual mileage on the highway can be obtained in the mid 30's. I saw an IIHS crash test for this model car and the results are very positive. This car should be very safe in the event of an accident. The price on this car is about average and in line with other similar models.
Cons: For some getting in/out of the front doors may be hard. Some plastics used on dash/doors are cheaply made and easily scratch. Front and rear pillars are thick and cause more of a blind spot than you might expect, however, many newer cars are built this same way for safety. The trunk opening is smaller than some and can be a problem for loading larger items into the trunk. I feel the rear seats should have a fold down arm rest. There are no assist handles on the roof/headliner. One major flaw in the design is the fact you must remove the entire bumper, wheel well plastics and other plastic to replace any bulb on the front because each headlight must be removed to do this!
Overall review: I purchased this car new and have had it in service now for well over a year and have over 7,000 miles on the clock. Overall the Malibu is well thought out. Better attention to some interior materials (dash and door panels, etc) would make this a superior car. The 6-speed automatic with the 4 cylinder can achieve great mileage when driven correctly. I've had many cars in my lifetime (this is #16) and I would say this car is better than many. The new 8th generation Malibu is being built now for the 2013 model year. I would definitely consider purchasing another and look forward to the tweaks this car needs to be nearly perfect!
Malibu by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/13/2012. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love my Malibu! It is a really fun car to drive! Out of all of the cars that I have owned, it is definitely my favorite!
Cons: I had a minor accident traveling at a low rate of speed (less than 10 mph) and the damage was over $7000 to the right front. The body shop manager at the Chevy dealership says the reason for this is because the front bumper, headlight and grill assembly have several tiny parts that had to be replaced. The "A" pillar causes a big blindspot for me, probably the reason for my accident. The interior is easy to clean, but I wish the fabric on the seat was a little softer. Some of the interior door trim is very "plastic" and cheap looking.
Overall review: I really love this car! I would definitely recommend it, despite the few things that I dislike about it. I love the keyless entry with auto start, sunroof, satelite radio, and ON Star. The gas mileage was not as great as I hoped, but I live in an area where there are a lot of mountains, and that probably plays a part.
Easily the equal of any Toyota or Honda (have owned them all); Great car by John M. on 05/29/2012. Trim: 2011 Chevrolet Malibu 1LT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great car. - comfortable - quiet - and NO rattles/squeaks, groans..... - smooth ride, sure and effortless handling - 6 speed transmission is slick, efficient - 35 MPG highway - excellent standard stereo - lots of storage space in the cabin - materials, fit & finish the equal of any Toyota or Honda (have owned them all); the best is the seating cloth - very high quality, nice touch - looks sharp..... - great value for the price
Cons: Wish it had more trunk space (adequate, not exceptional) - complaints are minor and every vehicle has compromises
Overall review: Have owned MANY cars - and a few trucks - over the last 40 years. This is one of - if not THE - best of the lot. GM got this right.....and it shows. My wife owns an Accord.....which she loves.....but i think she like the Malibu even more after driving it.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next