2011 Ford Escape

2 3 4 5 6  Next
A Nice little SUV by morpheus4210 on 12/06/2011. Trim: 2011 Ford Escape XLT FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Despite being a bit smaller than the typical SUV, it has plenty of room for passengers and the driver. The power seat adjusts well for both me and my wife and the tilt wheel also helps. I like the cruise control and SYNC controls on the steering wheel, as they make it much easier to handle the sound system. I admit I had a bit trouble getting my phone to connect with the SYNC, but I got the blue tooth pairing done after reading the manual. The Escape handles well, has decent power for the hills where I live (4 cyl, FWD model), and all in all is fun to drive. I truly enjoy the Sirius radio system also. The Escape is easy for me to get in and out of - I am not as nimble as I used to be.
Cons: I like the large center console, but sometimes it seems it's just a bit too large. Sometimes the sound system controls on the radio can be confusing, such as picking tracks on CD holding MP3s. Some of the trim is a bit too plasticky - to invent a word, but it is ok.
Overall review: If you want an agile, small SUV, I don't think you could do much better than the Escape. This is my second one, and the improvements from 2002 till now are amazing. I would buy this vehicle again without hesitation.
A very good and practical small suv by roundtown rodger from jackson on 08/18/2011. Trim: 2011 Ford Escape Limited FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: backward facing camera in rearview mirror screen, backup sensors, the stereo sound and satellitye radio, the built in blind spot mirror in the side mirrors no capgas filler, the accuracy of vehicle information they give on the readouts, the high center information center you can check every thing without taking you eyes off the raod, the smoothness of high seventies cruising on the interstate, the unobstructed vision from the drivers seat, sitting up almost as high as a sofa seat, ease of hooking my cell phone into sync system but I have to press manual control, fold down glasses holder too small for glasses but right size for garage door remote. The car seems well built and sturdy
Cons: voice SYNC (same problem, with our onstar also) will not recognize my voice commands - guess my wife and I have odd voices but they are the only ones we have, acceleration from a low speed slow to respond even with a heavy foot, some vibration at idle i guess the idle speed is set a little low (600) for gas mileage just raising it to a 100 rpm makes it go away completely - will see if dealer wilo do that next visit, carpet is slippery things left on it slid much more than any other vehicle I've ever had. It takes constant fiddling to9 get the sun roof properly closed there is no closed detent on the forward / backward control button
Overall review: Its a very pretty vehicle, comfortable, no major warranty issues, seams spaces are even, few odd sounds and little wind noise, many small conviences I've been very pleased.
best small suv on the road by otiscat on 04/08/2014. Trim: 2011 Ford Escape XLT FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: great vehicle and just the right size and being I'm 6 foot 4 I have no problem fitting in. 4 cylinder and it acts like a v8 on the road. good handling in rain and snow and with the moon roof its like a convertible. just wish I had hair to get blown around. it is bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside.
Cons: none at all, only bad part is not seeing my gas station every week.
Overall review: good value, good ride, good vibrations.
Better than expected by Tampa, FL on 11/17/2013. Trim: 2011 Ford Escape XLT FWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Sync system. Overall layout of the passenger compartment. Smooth, quiet ride. Comfortable seating.
Cons: None yet.
Overall review: Very comfortable vehicle. Feels much larger that it actually is. The ride and noise level are that of a much more expensive vehicle. The Sync system is outstanding, but does have a learning curve even for the technically oriented. The mid-level factory audio system is much better than expected. The Sync CPU had to be replaced at 23,000 miles, but was covered 100% by the factory warranty. Substantial improvement over the previous generation (I traded a 2001 for the 2011).
escape by julie on 07/04/2013. Trim: 2011 Ford Escape Limited FWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like the vision and the way it handles.
Cons: My car has 15,000 miles and is having under train problems, transmission problems. I am 73 years old and do not drive this car bad.
Overall review: it is o.k.
2 3 4 5 6  Next