2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Prices
2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Fuel Economy
Best and cheaper option to an SUV by creg99 on 12/04/2012. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring SE Automatic, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like everything. I wanted the Elantra sedan but when I got into the Touring and drove it I immediately changed my mind. It has a hatchback with fold down back seats so you can actually get stuff in it. I have found the gas MPG is better than others report. I get 33 MPG around town but I drive it like a hypermiler but if you can keep your RPM's below 3000 on take offs and do the speed limit 45-55 in town and your RPM's stay around 2000 and coast to redlights that change ahead of you I think you will see the same results. I got 43MPG on the interstate between 70-75 MPH with A.C. on. If you have a family and you want an SUV but want something cheaper this is your vehicle.Just look at it.
Cons: The only cons about this car and my 2000 Accent is my insurance. It cost only $20 more $$ a month to insure the Elantra with full coverage as it does to insure the Accent with basic liability. So it is really not a con on the Elantra. It is cheap to insure $67 a month with full coverage with $1000 deductible on collision and $0 on comprehensive Of course since it wasn't financed I could have gone real cheap with just liability but I'm not that cheap. I won't mention the insurance company but I'm happier than a slingky on an escalator.
Overall review: I found this car while just looking and it happened to be a dealer demonstrator with 6000 miles on it. I was looking for a Tuscon but this car fit the bill because we wanted a SUV type vehicle for room to carry stuff. I didn't get to pick the trim or color but I paid cash that day so the price I got was never gonna be found again and I refuse to buy brand new vehicles to depreciate $4000 to drive off the lot. I would have got a moon roof and maybe another color but I settled for black and no moonroof but got evrything else I wanted anyway. Getting a new/used car with 6000 miles on it is like brand new and I got the full warranty. I still have the 2000 Accent I paid $6000 for in 2001 with 11000 miles and never had an engine problem except a replaced valve cover gasket leaking and O-rings leaking in the A.C. line but that was doing all the required maintenance and easy driving and I get 30 MPG around town with it.
The best small car! by Clare in Onalaska. on 03/31/2012. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS Automatic, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It is sporty looking, easy and fun to drive.
Cons: No cons.
Overall review: Love this car, it is sporty, quick and fun to drive, great gas mileage and huge boot. My husband is 6'8 and can drive it too!!
Great family car! by Michelle on 06/25/2011. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS Automatic, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the style of this car. I was pleasantly surprised by all the extras in it: leather seats, heated front seats, sunroof etc. The mileage we get on the car was pleasantly surprising. On the highway we get 31-34 mpg, and putting around mileage runs about 24-27 mpg.
Cons: I am not keen on the color gray, wished there would've been more colors to choose from, but other than that there are no cons so far.
Overall review: My husband let me pick out our car this time and I fell in love with this vehicle. I love the hatchback style and the way it drives. It is roomy inside and very comfortable. We owned a Sonota for almost 6 years and I loved that car, but I think I found a new car I love more
Nice Little truck by Dave on 02/22/2014. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS Manual, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Good overall quality , well put together . Lots of room and fairly comfortable front seats . Zippy and handles well . Surprising sound from audio system (OK to good) 5 speed manual short throw nice little box . Brakes (ABS) are fine no issues . Very reliable so far (70,000 km)
Cons: I have long arms and radio is still far . Average to very poor gas mileage at best . Noisy suspension 2750 rpm at 100 kmh / 60 mph = missing 1 gear ( 6th) and it is not a 5 speed manual overdrive transmition , not even close . Hates to rev over 5000 rpm , in fact implies it is preparing to explode if held beyond 5000 rpm for any length of time . Its NOT designed for high RPM period , if you want a manual trans to play in power band do not buy this car .
Overall review: Nice little truck this compact station wagon is . Fair amount of room for a little truck and noisy too , just like a truck with winter tires . City gas mileage with winter tires and medium light foot 10.5 L per 100 KM , yes you read this right . Highway gas mileage with summer tires not too loaded down a more reasonable 8.3 L per 100 KM . You want great gas milaege buy a Toyota or Honda compact , you want to put a washing machine in the back or go camping seriously consider the touring . My car in tune and anyone saying great mileage suspicious , if they apply listed mileage + 20% and think this is good then i believe it and yes my car is tuned and just got serviced . Hyundai got class action sued and settled for poor milaege far beyond the acceptable limits of false advertisement . New gen. Elantra far more economical and a gutless wonder . Good little car that shows some european manners but drinks like a 6 if you have a heavy foot or your loaded so buyer be warned .
Review ID: #581913 Is this review offensive?
Ultimate station wagon compact! by James on 05/01/2012. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS Automatic, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Most practical and nimble car to drive. I like the gas milage as well as comfort. This is a well made car and you can feel it. I had all sorts of japanese vehicles;this top them all.
Cons: None.
Overall review: This is a compact but drive like a full sized vehicles and very comfortable with plenty of room. You feel secure in it although it is compact and it drive like