2010 Volkswagen Routan

Good Family Van by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/05/2011. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Routan SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling and Handleing
Cons: Ground Clearance
Overall review: 8, on scale of 1-10
Van Driver by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/24/2012. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Routan SEL w/RSE & Nav, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Quiet and smooth ride. Bought three months ago and I am very impressed with the quality and function. The second row seats do not fold in the floor but VW made them larger and more comfortable while maintaining room in the floor for cargo. Consumer Reports fails to mention this. This is the fourth mini we've owned, all different makes, and each one has been serviced regularly and given little or no problems. If you are looking for a higher end minivan check this one out. Oh, did I mention quiet and smooth.
Cons: At times the transmission downshifts too often when climbing hills at highway speed but I use the manual feature to lock in fifth gear to keep this from happening.
Overall review: If this one has good reliability over time, it is a steal. A lot of extras for the money.
Lovin' My Routan by Tripp's Lady from Georgia on 09/01/2011. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Routan SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love everything about it!!!
Cons: hmmmm. there's nothing i dislike, but, i would love for the gas to last longer.
Overall review: 5 stars! I've had my routan for nearly 2 years and iv'e never had any problems
Great VW Refinement that Chrysler Missed On Its Own by Steve on 09/20/2010. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Routan SEL w/RSE & Nav, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Best looking mini-van. High quality seats and finish. Great handling suspension. Great accelleration. Very comfortable. Drives like a car and not a big van. I love the NAV/RSE/DVD players. Seats are high quality tripple stitch. Some of the Chrysler accessories are missing as standard, like fog lights, roof racks, 115volt outlet, lights, etcetera, unless you get the Premium, whereas the counterpart Town & Country has them in their lower end models. Great vehicle, so far no regrets other than it is a Town & Country platform, not an original VW.
Cons: It was and is somewhat disappointing to know that I bought a VW built by Chrysler. I lost some sleep at night over that. So far so good. But I am concerned that VW is selling out its reputation for high quality just so it can sell more vehicles in the U.S. To farm out its production & most of the R&D on this vehicle to another car company, and Chrysler at that, causes me to pause. I just hope that VW has added some additional quality checks, refined some of the production or at least ensured that Chrysler in Canada are meeting the same standards as their German demands (meaning their inspection and demand for quality, not the people, after all a lot are built in Mexico).
Overall review: This is a great vehicle. I love the looks, well worth the VW name. I would have never purchased another van. The other vans did not feel as good and were less refined. VW's changes, no matter how small, were very effective in giving it an original feel with superior handling. I am disappointed that VW did not get more of the Chrysler options on the mid and lower end Routan models. Like the 115 volt outlet, fog lights, sensors on lights, computer in dash, HID's, roof rack, chrome mirrors and handles, and auto dimming side mirrors. You can only get those options in the Premium model. They should offer more of those in the SEL and SE lines. I am also disappointed that VW did not use their guages and computer display in the Routan. The same as in all of their other vehicles. I do not like the brighter color dash lights, I prefer the red and darker lights they have used in other vehicles. All around it is a great vehicle, lots of room and refined to my liking. No regrets.