1998 Hyundai Sonata

1998 Hyundai Sonata Prices
1998 Hyundai Sonata Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
The junk the keeps on kickin by Libbey, MA on 09/17/2006. Trim: 1998 Hyundai Sonata GL, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I like the way it looks when its clean. It's fun to drive I lived in a big traffic area car is very easy to get in and out of traffic with.
Cons: I've had this veh almost 3 years.Since then I have rebuilt the transmission,Put a timing belt in, 5 pairs of breaks because of the awful squeeking,rotors,radiator flused,2 pair of tires,my door handle broke and so did my little black compartment under the radio.The window does what it wants sometimes it goes up sometimes it doesn't. My passenger door the rod that opens it broke(got do it dukes of hazard style) I had to replace 2 different things on my exhaust. plugs,wires,battery Sratches really easy,fake wheels paint flakes off.oh yeah both o2 sensors went too and my air bag lite has been on oh yeah drivers door hinge came loose too so closing the door dents the car from being off.
Overall review: The car deserves to be crashed into a tree and collect insurance because it just costs too much money to keep fixing.
Good for price by Ron - Plymouth Mtg, PA on 05/13/2004. Trim: 1998 Hyundai Sonata GL, Owned 6 years.
Pros: For the money I found the car to be perfect and had extras other vehicles it size did not have as standard
Cons: My only problem like a couple of other cons I read is in the electric windows. These had to be replaced once while still under warranty and once after.
Overall review: I like the car and most likely would buy another
Owe way more than its worth... by B Taylor, Chicopee, MA. on 05/11/2004. Trim: 1998 Hyundai Sonata Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Decent body style, kind of cute.
Cons: Brakes always squeal, rcvd letter from hyundai that engine power was overstated on vehicle by 7%!, transmission slips, door handle and power windows broke, dash lights flicker on and off when driving at night.
Overall review: Its ok I guess, could have done better when I bought my first car with payments. Body looks ok, but problems are starting and I have had it less than a year.
98' Sonata GL by Steve from Florida on 11/14/2003. Trim: 1998 Hyundai Sonata GL, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Stylish, fit and finish are excellent, roomy for it's class. It's been a very dependable car with only very few minor mechanical repairs needed. Have owned vehicle for 5 yrs./ 150,000 mi. and car is still running and holding together like new.
Cons: It's braking ability could be better, i.e. moderate to hard stops from high speed 50-70 mph cause the car to shutter and bring a slight sense of uncontrollability to the driver. 3 times power window regulators needed replacement, no other major mechanical repairs other than scheduled maintenance.
Overall review: Good family sedan at an excellent price.
Horrible and expensive by FLROSE, From FLORIDA on 06/16/2003. Trim: 1998 Hyundai Sonata GL, Owned 4 years.
Pros: The sterio is okay
Cons: The paint started pealing on the doors and finders and trunk about 3 months after we purchased the car. Put $2000.00 in a transmission and still not running right. They put the computer in between the seats where the shifter is and under the cup holder so as soon as something spills you are SOL. the Gas tank had to be replaced cause it could burst and then the windows (automatic) kept breakin and it was $80.00 each time so I would say DO NOT BUY THIS CAR . RUN RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS CAR!
Overall review: THIS CAR IS HORRIBLE RUN DONT BUY
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next