2011 Ford Mustang

Attention grabber!!! by Lindsey from Texas on 11/18/2011. Trim: 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This car has excellent handling on the road and I love the traction and stability control. The cars styling is a head turner where ever I go with high end quality interior, love that you can change the color of every light inside the car with just the push of a button. It has so much get up and go that you may find yourself driving alot faster than what you need to be if you have a heavy foot, but at the same time it's just as easy to accelerate at a normal speed.
Cons: Really my only complaint is it's hard to get the gas mileage others claim they get. Of course the 31 mpg is pretty unrealistic with this car unless you can drive slow all the time. In Texas the average speed limit is 70 mph, so driving long distance on cruise control I've gotten up to 26 mpg, but with my everyday driving to work and back, with cruise control, I get on average 22 mpg. I still highly recommend this car.
Overall review: I paid a little more and got the Mustang Club of America package, and with the grabber blue and window louvers to top off the look it is definitely the attention grabber. I am extremely happy with my purchase and no regrets.
Beware of Manual Transmission - Built in China and Problematic by John from San Jose, CA on 09/06/2011. Trim: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The star of this car is the 5.0. Excellent acceleration.
Cons: The 2011 and 2012 Ford Mustangs (V6 and V8) are equipped with a Getrag-Ford MT82 manual transmission built in China. These cars are not the subject of a safety investigation by the NHTSA as owners are reporting they are unable to shift. Personally, I lost my first transmission at 1400 miles, and my second transmission at 3,000 miles. This is a known issue and despite customer complaints all over the internet, they have refused to acknowledge the issue or provide a fix.
Overall review: The Camaro, Corvette, Challenger, GT500, and Cadillac CTS-V all use the fantastic Tremec TR6060 manual transmission but Ford has decided to cut corners and import a problematic transmission from China. I'm in the process of the lemon law now after 40+ days in the shop, and 6 repair attempts. Until Ford solves this problem I cannot recommend this car to anyone.
The Best Mustang yet! by ResidentBlues from Astoria Or. on 12/09/2010. Trim: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything! This is the best bang for the buck pony car yet!
Cons: That the BOSS 302 was not ready for the 2011 release
Overall review: Ford got this one right!!! I was going to the dealership to buy a new f-150.... that all changed when I walked into the show room and saw my new Black on Black GT with the up graded brake package waiting for me... The body lines are fantastic.. the interior is a huge step up from recent past ponies.. but it was the new 5.0 that sealed the deal! What a powerhouse!
"Pony Power is Back" by Richard, Memphis, TN on 11/04/2011. Trim: 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Coupe, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Ford has restored my faith in American cars. This car has more power than comes to mind when you say V6 and has all the get up and go you need. If you want to go then just push the gas peddle and you're gone. The body stly and candy red matalic color turns heads in the sun. The pony car is back and is for anyone looking for a sports car that handles like a sports car, feel like a sports car, looks like a sports car but without that $40,000 plus price tag. The interior of the V6 premium has the feel of a high priced sports car. This car said buy me and I am gald I did.
Cons: For the top of the line V6 premium style Mustang Ford could have equiped both font seats with power, not just the drivers seat. While I have never been able to reach the 31 mpg as suggested, I can live with 29; however, the average is more like 26 but that may be because there are just times you have push the gas peddle down. This is the type of car that you just cannot let get dirty and I have found myself washing and cleaning it up four times a week like I did my first new car in 1974.
Overall review: Thank you Ford!!!!! The new Pony car is bigger, faster and has the looks that can only remind you of the days of the American muscle car. I have never taken my Mustang anywhere where someone has not commented on how good it looks.
not your dad's mustang by VFAST on 10/14/2012. Trim: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I waited since 1993 for another 5.0. I bought the 2011 california special convertible as a left over and got a awsum deal. I have owned it about 4 months and am very satisfied. being a convertible it has very little road noise. The car has great pick up and the brakes are very good. Fit and finish seems to be really good. The trunk is huge for being a convertible.I have leather c/s interior and the seats are comfy except for the head rest.
Cons: The door panel with the power windows could be thinner for more leg room.The head rests are terrible and makes riding on trips very uncomfortable. Some engine issues have me worried as several people I know has had the engine replaced due to number 8 cyl. Seem to be a cyl. head flaw in the water jacket. some others have had a front end bushing problems.1 big concern is why ford doesn't offer a 100k extended warranty(my dealer didn't) on mustangs has me worried they know the issues, performance parts are just crazy expensive which might turn away Mustang enthusiasts and has me thinking of saleing the car. Mustang owner like modding their cars. why is the 6sp trans made in china?
Overall review: the car overall looks great.handles well and the 5.0 has very good power. The convertible top fits fairly well but is slower than other makers. Ford seems not to want to back this car for a 100k even as an option. Before buying this car or any car go to forums to see real world owners give their experiences. This car is priced ok and can find deals on it. If not getting a great deal 9500 off sticker i might have bought something else.