2011 Hyundai Sonata

Just totally "COOL" by Relaxed in Texas on 04/08/2012. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited Auto PZEV, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Comfortable, styish, super handling and performance, affordable.......... What more can you ask for? Great job Hyundia, keep up the good work
Cons: The only negitives that I can come up with would be: 1) The passenger seat is to low (except for sleeping in while traveling) and 2) an optional memory for the drivers power seat and mirrors so my wife and I don't have to readjust every driver change
Overall review: I am a delivery driver and I am in the drivers seat almost 10 hours a day 5 days every week, and when I have a rough day, get stressed and need to relax, all I need to do is get into my Sonata 2.0T and drive. Yup, you heard me Drive! This car handles so well and is so comfortable, that it will totally relax me when driving. After about 20 to 30 miles I feel refreshed and ready to enjoy life. This is the first vehicle that I have ever owned that I can say that, and I have owned quite a few. We have had our Sonata for 8 months and 12,000 miles now, and we are as happy with it now as we were when we bought it. The dealer we bought it from has been fantastic, we could not have had a better experience in purchasing a vehicle and their service has been outstanding. We would definitely recommend Hyundia
"The skeptic" by Jarhead" from Orlando on 02/29/2012. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS Auto, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Performance, reliability, appearance, styling.
Cons: Poor vision, window posts too heavy, mirrors obstruct view, rear window too high for backing up, 4 door windows not low enough for a small person to see properly {curbs, barriers, etc.}, no passenger side power seat available, not enough leg room, unable to see my feet while driving, front hood too low that you cannot see it therefore unable to estimate distances from objects in front of you.
Overall review: My wife says that if she is ever killed in an auto accident it will be in this one because of poor vision.
Fantastic Value by Ivanho1963 on 04/30/2012. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS Auto PZEV, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I own the base model with no options other than an auto transmission. Thus far (15,000 mi) a reliable car that is enjoyable to drive. Mileage is great with care on the gas pedal. Can be driven so that mpg is better than advertised, thanks to the six speed tranny. Car is easily "tricked" into upshifting at slow speed, with modest acceleration. Most efficient at 62 mph, w/engine revving under 1,500 rpm. When needed, however, it's easy to stomp on the throttle and the car jolts forward nicely. Ride is comfortable, with a tradeoff between handling and softness. Trunk is sizeable. Controls/dash are well designed and fit/finish are excellent. Warranty is excellent; styling is beautiful.
Cons: Worst thing about this car is visibility. Difficult to see with big blind spots both left and right. Sedan pillars should be narrower. Curved front makes it hard to judge distance, especially when parallel parking. Takes getting used to. Handling is a little mushy, mostly in the rear end, as a result of the design toward comfort (softness). Cabin feels a little cramped, but still comfortable. Trunk access should be larger, particularly for a trunk that is itself so large. Fold down seat releases are in the trunk only and should also be in the interior.
Overall review: The big picture is that this is a great choice for an inexpensive, practical, reliable family car that should last for many years. I'd recommend it to most people. I rated the interior only a "7" because of the visibility issue. While this issue can easily impact safety, it is easy to compensate for it as one gets accustomed to the car. The car is 40% (including the entire engine) made in the USA. I paid $18,500 for it in March 2011. The base model comes with a lot standard. I'd highly suggest foregoing most - or all - of the options, which jack up the price steeply.
Hyundai Lemon by Jerry in Colorado on 02/14/2011. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS Auto, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Apperance and interior size.
Cons: Gas milage, getting 19-25 mpg. Hyundai says anything 18 and up is exceptable. I have a trunk that goes up on it's own. They say that I am pressing the wrong botton. How can I do that when I am driving? When I just use the key and not the remote like they suggest, that sets the alarm off about 5% of the time. The driver side door will not latch on the first try during real cold weather, takes 2 or 3 tries. Passenger seat is to low for short people. The power door locks close then sometimes flicks back open when I put the car in gear.
Overall review: I bought my Sonata the end of July and Hyundai has been of no help in fixing any of my problems. Even when they are able to duplicate the problem they will not help me. Have them expain all the warranties to you before you buy because they are not what they make it sound to be.
Not sure about this vehicle8823 by Extreme88 on 04/30/2012. Trim: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE Auto TGDI, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I'm a sales rep so I drive a lot. Owned the car for a little over a year now and have put a little over 46k miles on it. The fuel mileage is of course what I like best. I have the 2.0T and avg between 30-33mpg. Other than that, it's not all that different from anything else out there.
Cons: With 46k miles on it, it is definitely showing every single mile. I have kept it clean and have had regular maintenance performed. The battery to the remote has even died. My 07 Tahoe is still working with the original battery. Either the seats are too low or the windows are too high. Either way the visibility is awful. Which is why my wife backed into a short poll in a parking lot. The headlights are terrible as well. Not very bright at all. Looking to trade very soon. Safety is definitely more important than fuel mileage. We've been driving the Tahoe more now even with the 17mpg
Overall review: That's all