2010 Suzuki SX4 Crossover

Great 4wd for the price. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/22/2011. Trim: 2010 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Technology AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the size of the car perfect 2nd car for a family of 4. The 4 wheel drive is excellent I scarred the salesman as I turned to drive through 8 inches of snow and made it through. Its roomier than it looks and stops great. its faster than the yaris and only slightly slower than the fit plus has 4wd that automaticly turns off the traction control. I have driven this car places that the average person with a bigger more expensive SUV would fear and never try. I only have 3000 miles on this car so I cannot speak of reliability.
Cons: The dealer network for suzuki seems in my opinion to be at least as crooked as the worst used car dealer you have ever heard about. I experianced price switching and many other issues trying to purchase this car, so use caution this wasn't only one place it was every place I tried. I expect to feel a little dirty dealing with car salesmen but I felt like I was dipped in lard and rolled in dirt. The stereo is super cheap and the GPS is nice but you cannot change the stereo if you wish to keep it. The interior is bland and boring but look at what you are paying for the car. Ground clearance for the front spoiler is my biggest complant.
Overall review: Great car for the price gas mileage is poor though I do love this car. I was going to buy a yaris or fit but the $ was almost the same and I got 4wd and I live in Iowa so that is important.
The 2nd Suzuki by ttard on 02/22/2011. Trim: 2010 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Base AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The selectable awd for the price paid. Seems to have most of the safety gear necessary for a modern auto. Handles fairly well for such a short wheelbase tall vehicle. Brakes are solid and good. Steering has good feel. Parking and turn around are a snap. No timing belt anymore, chain instead. Big savings and a lot less maintenance now. It's not a Subaru which are like ants where I live. Standard roof rails are nice as well as heated mirrors and tilt.
Cons: Small gas tank 11g. Middling mpg's(avg. 26 in winter and 29 in summer. A 2L engine should do better but car is heavy with the awd and safety gear. I have 6sp.man.and ratios could be better. Shifting down from 6th to 5th sometimes grabs 3rd. Having to pull up for reverse is a pain, I wonder about future problem. Even with all the windows I have a bit of a blind spot around A pillar. The location of the fuel door lever is in a recess next to seat, a terrible place where it fills and freezes with snow melt. Also no rear hatch lever next to seat and rear hatch lever is a tiny button rather than lever. Oil filter location is bad, next to exhaust manifold try changing that! Ride is kinda rough.
Overall review: For the price I paid for this car I am satisfied. This is my second Suze Pie, the 1st was a 99 Esteem wagon 5sp. with 1.6L engine. Had that car for 9 yrs. and 156k before selling it. It had some issues at the end, but the design, mileage and functionality of that car beats the current one. I like the Suzuki warranty but hope I don't have to use it. Dealers are few and far but that doesn't bother me. Wish my car had come with Cruise, can't get with base model. Getting it aftermarket has been a real challenge. A/C seemed a little weak at end of last summer but heater in this horrible winter has been very good. Old car had more and better located tow hooks. Cargo capacity is down from before and rear seats don't fold flat like before. Nice to have arm rests. Dash is laid out well, but red rather than green at night is taking some getting used to. Audio is not as good as Clarion in my old car but not real bad. All in all an economy car at a price I can live with, especially with awd.
An impressive well built "practical" little car. by Ed Northwest Pa. on 11/26/2010. Trim: 2010 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is a well built little car. Built more like an SUV or truck than a car. Fun to drive. Nice looking. It outweighs any car in its class. 6 speed manual makes this car perform well. Handles great on highway. Other cars may offer a couple more miles per gallon. "But" they are not as heavy or well built as this little SX4. thus you sacrifice "safety" cost of ownership, over a 5 yr. period, is about the same or less than all the competition. It beats all in its class - others are usually overpriced and overrated. Competitive cars for the most part - look like little tin boxes. One can tell at a glance "Its built" I'm impressed with this car.
Cons: There is very little to dislike about this SX4. Let me think? - nothing is perfect. A trivial matter I suppose. The ignition key lacks a guide? It must be placed exactly in the ignition key receptacle before the key slides in! But after the new key and receptacle ware a bit- It will slide in just dandy.
Overall review: I'd recommend this car for any practical, or even non-practical person. Non- practical - because its fun to drive. - hah "cars" do not have to be fun... I think its more car for the money than all its competition.
Excellent Crossover Vehicle by Archie on 11/15/2010. Trim: 2010 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Base AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: GPS System plus 26.7 to 27.3 mpg and it's not broke in yet.
Cons: The stock steel wheels with the plastic hub caps and the band aide spare tire.
Overall review: This is our 2nd SX-4 bought first one 11/07, traded '08 model w/70,000 miles on it for '10 model.
Mighter than the MINI - Suzuki SX4 by Yoskey on 11/15/2010. Trim: 2010 Suzuki SX4 Crossover Technology AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This cars looks great, has style and is fun to drive. Has three driving options, 2wd, All-wheel drive and 4wd "lock", cant bet that for under $20k. Have not tested 4wd yet but it is New England and the snow to bound to come. Being a small car it is very manuverable and has excellent turning radius. Interior is comfortable and visibility is good. The ride height is higher than a standard car which is aids in driving.
Cons: Overall fuel efficiency. I have done several long trips with the car and hitting higher than 28mpg has been a challenge. I would have expected better. Second would be the power band, driving on the highways it tends to be sluggish and feels as if its being held back. Truck space is small, but with the seats folder down the hatchback design helps to open up a lot of real-estate.
Overall review: Overall I am satisfied with this vehicle. It is sporty fun and fits my life style. Its styling and capabilities promotes outdoor activities and adventure. Definately worth a look. If size is not too much of an issue and your looking for a 4wd car this is it.