1998 Hyundai Tiburon

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Prices
1998 Hyundai Tiburon Fuel Economy
Not worth it by irie on 07/18/2005. Trim: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Fun to drive.
Cons: The tires were very expensive and sometimes hard to find. Every 3 months it would be in the shop for repairs. The car had electric shorts. Sometimes my lights won't turn on or off.
Overall review: not worth it
Tiburon by Pappy Street Racer on 06/23/2005. Trim: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: This is a great car, I am 18 yrs old and got it when I was 16, and I have had the clutch replaced once sense I have had it, and it was used when I recieved it, and other then that I haven't had to send it back to the shop sense. The sound system in it is awesome, the interior is in tip top condition along with the exterior. It goes 0-60 at pretty low time, when I get on the interstate it will go 80 mph by the time I'm off of the on ramp so it will get up and go. It has over 90,000 miles on it and still gets 25 mpg in town. It's a great little sports car, and cheap and can have some modifications done to it and it will be as good as any american sports car.
Cons: The only draw back I have with the car is that I'm 6'1 and it doesn't leave a lot of space for passengers, for me and my friends, its basically a two seater. I don't have any friends shorter then me so its kinda hard to fit anyone else in the back seat comfortably.
Overall review: It's a great little car, and perfect for anyone who is short, or someone who wants to have a little fun with a car, just as long as they arn't too tall, or want to take a bunch of people on a road trip, but its great cause of the mpg even in town.
My Tiburon Experience by Stuck with this car in Florida on 05/22/2005. Trim: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I got this car when I turned 16. This car is great for little people. When trst drivin cars, I found very few cars that were comfortable for smalelr people and I am only 5ft 3.
Cons: I have had my car in the shop on numerous occasions. In the first 6 month of having it, it was in the shop for 3 new transmissions (and I have an automatic. I also have to get my car realigned every 6 months because the alignment is off so often, which is weird since I have never been in wreck. I have also had my windsheld wipers break, the cd player, the back seatbelts, amongother things.
Overall review: This car is a great car to start off with because it is small and cheap. But after a while, its not worth the hassle. And it has not retained its value at all.
sporty but cramped by draconis from butler pa on 02/05/2004. Trim: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: fun sporty care, looks good in summertime
Cons: goes horribly in snow, tight fit for anyone over 5'10", expensive to fix
Overall review: fun care but too cramped
Nice sporty to begin and from Hyundai by Wavedtiburon, Puerto Rico on 12/25/2003. Trim: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Better price than others in the same category. The style it is so nice. The performance is good no matter the weight of the car. Mine has 137,689 miles and still fine. The important thing is maintenance.
Cons: It would be much better with more horsepower. At least 160 or 165 horsy. I saw a picture of it convertible but never saw it in real. Would be nice a turbo engine option.
Overall review: It is a nice sporty vehicle. Good in everything, just that if you have a family and want to buy one, make sure that you have a family car already. Good handling in curves, nice aceleration. Comfortable to drive all the time.