2010 Hyundai Tucson

The Little Black Tucson! by Paul on 02/22/2010. Trim: 2010 Hyundai Tucson Limited PZEV, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling, value. Outstanding transmission, you have no idea when it shifts, does not hunt around for next gear. Peppy with nice tight steering, firm ride. Minimum road noise easy to get around. Nice interior, comfortable and room for 5 + gear. Only had for a few days so not sure of milage, I have an Elantra 2007 and it has outstanding milage so I hope for the same. Wanted a smaller SUV and this fit the bill. Had a Venza all lined up ready to go then read about the standard 19" tires that killed the deal, bad tires! Saw the Tucson and really liked the styling, my wife liked the size and the fact it was black with black leather. Nice sound system and navigation system is useful.
Cons: No power lift gate, but it does close easily. The cubbie hole on top of the dash like in my Elantra. Larger gas tank. A little less hard plastic on interior. Ah most important add an adjustment to the power seat that would raise section under your front legs, just a slight tilt up. One other nit pick, the outside mirrors do not match the overall fluid design of the vehicle.
Overall review: Overall driving experince has been pleasureable, like I mentioned transmission very smooth. Seems to have more than enough get up and go will be anxious to take a lengthy trip. We traded in a 2008 Buick Enclave, too big said my wife, and the while the Tucson is not as quiet, nothing will match the Enclave in terms of quiet, or as big, it compares favorably. Transmission is way beyond the Enclaves 6 speed it really was herky, jerky. Initially I am very pleased and as this is my wifes car she "likes it" and I guess that is all that matters. Spare tire is inside under the rear seat area, would rather have that area as storage as in the Santa Fe. Unusuall feature, gas pedal comes down to and attaches to the floor, you will need to cut rubber floormats to fit. Back up camera very nice feature but would be even better with an audible sound. Panoramic moon roof is nice touch, gives impression of more room inside. Fit and finish appears to be fine. If quality equals Elantra that is great.
"2010 Tucson" by SueG from Pennsylvania on 01/28/2011. Trim: 2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Surprised to find out it didn't come with foglights. Door interior material hard to keep clean. REAR WINDOW HORRIBLE to see out & creates a large blind spot on both sides. I have a 2010 Tucson 4cyc purchased brand new with 4 miles. I drove a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan AWD 6cyc for 11 yrs ... never slide on ice or snow ... with this Tucson I slide in our first snow. When I can afford it ... I will purchase a different suv ... I just don't like the feel of this vehicle.
Cons: in addition to above ... it took Burns Hyundai 1 hr to prepare the vehicle ... then I found out that they over inflated all 4 tires by 10 pounds ... mind you these tires are filled with a special air for a better ride ...
Overall review: I have had no engine issues. Gas mileage around town is 15-17 mpg ... highway 28 average
Perfect for us. by Judi..Las Cruces, NM on 12/13/2010. Trim: 2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the built in telephone feature..also, we have an outside temp gauge.
Cons: Smaller than the Santa Fe we had as far as room in the rear.
Overall review: Had two Santa Fe's b/4 this..loved them. Wanted something smaller this time. I would consider a Hyundai "A perfect car".
Definitely consider the Tuscon by LordBern - Baltimore on 07/27/2010. Trim: 2010 Hyundai Tucson GLS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Snazzy looks, inside and out. Build quality is top notch. Lots of standard equipment in the base GLS. Pretty good value for the money. Love all of the standard safety equipment (anti-lock brakes, traction control, hill-descent control, etc) that's usually only found on pricier vehicles. Nice range of exterior colors. Pretty good trunk room for its size. Very quiet on the road. 'Popular Equipment Package' pretty much gives you all the options you'd want/need as far as options go.
Cons: There's no 'normal' sun-roof option, only the gigantic 'all-roof' sunroof on the loaded (and too expensive) models. No outside temperature gauge. Averaging about 20-23 MPG which is ok, but expected better.
Overall review: I considered another Honda CR-V (own one now) but wanted something different. Also looked at the Nissan Rogue (build quality stunk) and the Ford Escape (stalled on the dealer lot). The Tuscon had it all for me for a very reasonable price. A top-of-the-line CR-V still wouldn't have had everything the Tuscon has in it (and would have been more money). Had it for 5 months now and love it. We'll see if it's as reliable as the Honda (45k miles and no problems). Very comfortable vehicle for trips. The 4-Cyl engine gives peppy performance. Hyundai has come a LONG way in their build and design in the last couple of years. I never thought I would buy one, but I'm very happy I did. I definitely recommend the Tuscon as an option if you're in the market for a car like this.
Unexpected value by Grandpop on 06/16/2010. Trim: 2010 Hyundai Tucson Limited PZEV, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I like the convenience that's built into a solid car at a better than average price. I made my decision between a Subaru Outback, Honda CRV, and a Chevrolet Equinox. There were pluses and minus to all of them. In the end I chose the Hyundai because it felt safer when merging on the interstates. The others were uncomfortably scary. Finally, I spent less.
Cons: The angle of the nav system during bright days makes things hard to see. The passenger side window should be able to be raised by one touch.
Overall review: I like it. I've had over twenty new cars in my lifetime. It does the job and compares well to all but a few of my other vehicles. factoring in all features, only my Ford Fusion Hybrid and previous BMW are better. I chose this car because I transitioned back into baby world. Just when you think your Mini Copper Clubman is enough to satify you, along comes a granddaughter and all the accourements that go along with her. Try getting a baby seat, a stroller, and everything else necessary to watch a baby in a Mini. The Hyundai will get us through the next next five years.