2010 Volkswagen Jetta

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Expected better quality! by Ed on 04/08/2011. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup Edition, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The fuel efficiency is great, as well as the handling and acceleration, with snow tires it accelerates better than most four-wheel drive vehicles.
Cons: The vehicle has been a service shop queen since we purchased it six months ago. Twice for an issue with the fuel injectors, the seal between the injector and head was installed upside down on one cylinder which tripped out the egr valve light. The vehicle was in about five or six times because the computer was malfunctioning, I had to bring in videos proving this because each time they would simply say that it was programmed wrong, which it was not. Then the armrest built into the back seat would not fold down, I wind up being told by the service department that it was my kids car seat that bent two brackets, $700 just for the parts and no guarantee that the car seat will not bend it again!
Overall review: Good on gas mileage but I can’t stand how often it is in the shop, will be trading it in soon. Those are merely my experiences and I am not saying that all VW’s have those issues but it is still the last VW I will own!
Unbelievable Gas Mileage Sedan by Troy / Murrieta California on 11/22/2010. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great gas mileage. Hwy realistically is 44mpg. combo hwy/city is 38mpg. I drive 250-300 miles per day and it is comfortable and great to drive.
Cons: The IPOD plug in continues to break over and over. the dealer has replaced it 3 times and has acknowledged continued problems with this. Other than that absolutely no other items I dislike.
Overall review: Absolutely a wonderful car. great gas mileage, very comfortable, all the bells and whistles are awesome and it handles like a sports car if you want it to. It doesn't sound like a diesel or smell like a diesel. I've never owned a diesel before and was reluctant but no longer. I got a 120k mile warranty with $100 deductible and lifetime free oil changes as well. I made a great purchase with this car. Hoping to get 200k miles out of it. I don't like the new 2011 body style and the sturdiness of the 2011 isn't what my 2010 is. Very very solid car the way a german car should be. Absolutely love it.
Small car with everything you need for comfort. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/06/2011. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Jetta Limited Editon, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Is all around a good economy car.
Cons: The only thing I dislike about this car is noise>
Overall review: Every 10,000 miles change the oil w/free service
Find something else by David from Salt Lake City on 09/21/2010. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Jetta S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I bought the Jetta last year because I wanted a car that was fun to drive and friendly on the wallet. The price was great for the 170hp and the feel of a Gernan engineered car.
Cons: My Jetta has been in the shop more than any other car that I have owned. There is a loud rattle in the dash that overpowers the radio at times. It has been in 5 times for that and finally the dealership sadi they cannot fix it. This morning the car would not start and had to be towed from my garage to the dealership. Additionally, I am only getting about 26 mpg. Not great for such a small car.
Overall review: Would not buy this car again.
Unreliable by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/12/2014. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Excellent fuel economy Comfortable interior
Cons: VERY unreliable Excessive lage between pressing the accellerator and the vehicle responding. This is intermittent but happens about 25 percent of the time. .Car does not like the cold and does not handle well in the snow.
Overall review: I purchased the vehicle for the mileage, comfort and long term reliability. Although the car does get great mileage (better than the factory estimates) and it is comfortable, it has been terribly unreliable. Fopr example, I still have two Fords that I purchased new in 2003. Neither Ford has ever stranded me, but my Jetta that I purchased new at the end of 2010 has now stranded me twice. This is not what I expect from a new car and the issues have been excessively expensive to get resolved. The most expensive item was the turbo which had a bearing go out causing the impeller to impact the housing and eat itself. I drive conservitively enough to get better mileage than estimated so I have not abused the vehicle and the turbo should have lasted as long as the engine. The turbo company indicated that VW requested less expensive parts in their turbos to save a few pennies on each unit. Makes we wonder what is next.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next