2011 Kia Sorento

Don't buy the Sorento. by Keith from the ATL on 01/16/2012. Trim: 2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great warranty and plenty of features for under $30K
Cons: Very unreliable. After 5000 miles, the car would start but it did not recognize the Drive gear. It was like the car was in Neutral. With my foot to the floor, all I could get was 1000 RPMs. Service Department took a few days to fix the problem. Then after another 5000 miles, the push button start stopped working. The service department claim they couldn't find the problem but by then, I'd had enough. Even though, I had negative equity, I got rid of the headache. I will NEVER buy/lease another KIA.
Overall review: Huge waste of money. Though my problems didn't cost extra to fix, the whole situation was a pain. Very dissappointed in this car. Service department should have at least offered a loaner car after all my visits.
Great looking vehicle. by Rx4U in Rio Rancho on 07/21/2011. Trim: 2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nice vehicle for the price. Has everything you could need. Plenty of room for a family.
Cons: The ride is a little rough. Space-saver spare.
Overall review: Kia makes a nice CUV. It is comfortable, powerful and good looking. My Sorento is fully loaded and everything works wonderfully. The third seat is nice to have if needed, but when not in use leaves plenty of storage space. I have had my Sorento for a year and a half and am really pleased with it. The only think I would change is to give it a full-sized spare.
Nice Middle Class Luxury Vehicle by FamilyGal from Ocala on 07/13/2011. Trim: 2011 Kia Sorento LX V6 FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: She's stylish. I like that it has just enough room for all four of us and that it has all around airbags. She accelerates nicely. Comfortable to travel in.
Cons: Brakes were the first thing to have an issue.Then it was the air conditioning.Bluetooth connection problem and has Ipod USB but Ipod is not compatible with vehicle.We had problems with the first rear row of seats,I guess the factory didn't hook the seat up on the inside so the seat got stuck in a forward position.The first time the shade was used it too got stuck and would no longer retract. Still have problems with the one rear seat latch.It will not go up to release the seat.The body of the vehicle is very thin.Dents way to easily.Someone decided to wash the top of the vehicle and put their knee on the roof and it dented.We popped it out but still,older vehicles are more sturdy than that.
Overall review: This was our first luxury vehicle we have ever owned and were able to buy cash down. Overall we are satisfied with the vehicle. Perhaps not the price we paid for it considering the issues that keep coming up, but all in all she is a nice vehicle.
2014 Remington Red Sorento V6 by AB on 11/16/2013. Trim: 2011 Kia Sorento SX FWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Looks, 2014 Remington Red color, comfort/stability/warranty Had 2012 V-6 Loaded (leather/navi/sunroof) in Silver. Wanted red, but did not make preferred color. When 2014 Red came out, traded 2012, for 2014, mainly for color...both had Sirius which I've kept, a few more upgrades w/blind spot detector, lift gate, panoramic sunroof, V-6, etc. I have been very pleased with both vehicles, Sturdy ride, I'm good w/gas consumption for V-6 and room for golf clubs, etc. when put 3rd row seat down (understand also comes w/2 row seater) Still need to read manuals on the electronics/diagnostics/perks
Cons: To get the fully loaded Sorento, is not a "cheaper" version of like vehicles, in my opinion..unless you go for a Lexus, Cadillac, Mercedes. I think we paid (cash) a pretty penny for the Sorento. The monthly rates advertised, etc. MUST be reflecting the 4 cylinder or LX models. Haven't had any issues mechanically and the service dept. has been good to work with.
Overall review: Brought a 2000 Honda Accord V-6 and never had any problems...just wanted something different, so focused on Crossovers. The Honda CRV only came in 4 cylinder. The Chev. Equinox was o.k., Chev. Traverse too big; Ford Edge read the electronics were not user friendly, the Mazda head space seemed to low for me, the Sorento felt right...
Great vehicle by Erin, Connecticut on 06/26/2012. Trim: 2011 Kia Sorento LX AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: So far I love everything about it.
Cons: No cons so far.
Overall review: Overall a great vehicle. Even though I have a car seat in the middle of the 2nd row, 2 people can also fit back there, so there is plenty of room. There's also plenty of storage space. I have been able to keep a bulky stroller in the back and pack groceries and other things back there with it.