1997 Hyundai Sonata

1997 Hyundai Sonata Prices
1997 Hyundai Sonata Fuel Economy
The beast by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/21/2011. Trim: 1997 Hyundai Sonata Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: The design & comfort. I've been using this car for 3 years and just had servicings to do. Everything still working perfectly
Cons: fuel consumption
Overall review: cheap car and durable
Fantastic Car by Lindsay from Idaho on 08/01/2011. Trim: 1997 Hyundai Sonata Base, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love my car. It handles extremely well and accelerates very quickly. It's stylish and modest. I have a V6 engine, so it does great on hills. Everything inside works well, and the seats are very comfortable. It has everything you need without being too fancy. It was very inexpensive and with only 59,000 miles when I bought it two years ago. I drive it long distances a lot, and it does great. It also handles very well on snow and ice.
Cons: The V6 engine is a gas guzzler. The gas mileage isn't great, but it's a small car, so it's not horrid. The paint has also started falling off on the roof and the hood which is too bad because it's a lovely shade of cherry red.
Overall review: For a used car, this one is great. It was affordable and is very reliable. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a decent car. The pros far outweigh the cons, and I've never had any major problems.
Great get-up-and-go car by birdman on 02/02/2010. Trim: 1997 Hyundai Sonata GL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: bought this used in 2009 with only 108000 miles on it, worked like a charm after changing the oil! came with an aftermarket CD player, works perfectly
Cons: due to a reacall on the gas tank, brought it to a dealership, they said it had been replaced but someone hooked it up wrong?! wow dont ask, lol hopefully Hyundai will cover it still, especially if the original owner took it to a dealer to have it fixed 'for free', cuz i know i would have! only things wrong otherwise is the drivers side windows dont work, both dont have a motor anymore, drivers window broke under my ownership, and rear one came without a motor in it. and the power locks/mirrors are a little iffy, but oh well, also starts a little slowly in cold temps, slower than normal, but it needs a tune up
Overall review: Great car, recommended by my parents who used to own a Hyundai back in the 90's or so, they last a long time! thats for sure!
THE ULTIMATE CAR by DEE JAY on 02/25/2004. Trim: 1997 Hyundai Sonata GL, Owned 7 years.
Overall review: I'VE HAD NO MAJOR PROBLEMS
like a good watch by Steve Wurtsboro NY on 02/07/2004. Trim: 1997 Hyundai Sonata Base, Owned 7 years.
Pros: This is the third Hyundai that we owned. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. As of today 2/7/04 it has 168,000. miles on it our first was the excel and we had 180,000 when we gave it to sister in law that car is still on road. It has all of the pep that you need to enter highway and keep up with traffic. Have been stopped doing almost 100 mph on road. It responds to my every need and the repair bills are low just like the excel. The company stands behind its product not like Chrysler. Now we have the sonata, the santa fe and the elantra in my home fleet. When the sonata goes will be buying another Hyundai. Maybe this time will buy an automatic in stead of another standard.
Cons: There is not to much power going up a hill with the air conditioner on even in 4th gear. Only real problem is that the dealer charges to much for labor. Had to do my clutch last week and dealer wanted 1 grand for labor and 200 for parts. Local repair shop did the job for 440 which included parts and labor
Overall review: The car has everything with in easy reach and the only thing that I would change is to make it easier to do home repair and not have to use the dealer or local repair shop.