2010 Volkswagen Passat

Awesome Sedan! by Joseph from Bettendorf, Iowa on 07/16/2011. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handling and acceleration on the Passat are outstanding. The turbo kicks in and acceleration from the start can be exhiliarating. We have to restrain ourselves from opening this car on the open road. Ride is sport suspension tuned, a little hard but the trade offs are worth it. Handling is crisp around curves. Interior and finish are outstanding providing a classy look.
Cons: Homelink garage opener system would be nice, along with auto headlight management. Power passenger seat should be an option or standard like the driver seat.
Overall review: This is first Volkswagen and European designed and built car we've owned in the mid-luxury sedan,4 cylinder Turbo class. This car was the best in its class we found after considerable research and shopping. We shopped 2011 Sedans and couldn't find any car that could compare in terms of performance, styling, seating rooms and quality of finish. Gas mileage isn't bad as well, we have yet to experience 33 MPG on the highway but then again we tend to push this car alot because it is fun to drive.
fast car by don ringwood nj on 03/26/2013. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Passat, Owned 3 years.
Pros: quick car not to many proublems good on gas .
Cons: do not like to have to change brakes you need a computer to change rear brakes.
Overall review: good car for the money easy to change a lot of parts. i rate it a no9
Passat Lol by Ken on 07/09/2011. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very fast lots of power , confortable when driving you wont even realise you driving 100mph, looks great, Interior 10/10
Cons: same problems with all VW passats', recalls almost every month
Overall review: I had an 2003 Passat and kept breaking all the time out 12 months I would say 2 months were in the garage. Traded to get 2010 thinking all problems would be solved ahhh 2 months later, a recall ( customer service at the Braintree quirk 2/10) six months later I traded this vehicle and got a Camry no regrets, I simply dont have the time/ money to spend on car maintance.
Excellent by Bob on 11/25/2010. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I drove from Virginia to Missouri back to Virginia and then to Alabama and back to Virginia in a period of two months. The driving comfort was excellent even though I have arthritis in my knee. This is my second Passat after owning a Jetta.
Cons: The two trips mentioned are an exception to my normal driving. I average about 3,000 miles per year. I don't know when I'll reach the 10,000 mile free servicing. There should also be a one year limit for servicing.
Overall review: Rate it a 10.
Quirky Luxury Sedan by Not Liking Quirky in Plano on 10/01/2010. Trim: 2010 Volkswagen Passat Komfort, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love the options for the price. Turbo is great, can feel like a bigger engine. Gas mileage is fantastic. Have had 2 instances with nails in my tires and I love that you get a notification that tire pressure is low before you actually have a flat tire. Loved the seat warmers in the winter.
Cons: Lots of little quirks. Have taken it to the dealer a few times already and I have had it 10 months. Had to replace the tach system after a few months, was slow to accelerate, when shifted into reverse would go forward before backward and vice versa would go backward before forward when shifted into drive. Seat adjusts by itself, just about every time I get back into my car I have to re-adjust. The radio changes stations by itself on occasion. Lots of pressure when you open sun roof or windows. Easily get marks on paint bumper under trunk if a box or suitcase even slightly grazes it.
Overall review: Overall nice car, get lots of compliments on appearance. Lots of power with the turbo. The quirks are really annoying.