2010 Nissan Altima

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Good bang for your buck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/27/2011. Trim: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the CVT transmission. It is in my opinion superior to the standard auto trans. The CVT is smoother and faster at changing gear ratios then any auto trans I have driven. In addition the Altima has: Best steering wheel ever, great noise and vibration free suspension that is both comfortable and sporty, tight and responsive steering, a very quiet cabin even at highway speeds, most quiet ac/heater fan ever, smoothest overall ride of any car I have been in, powerful 4 cylinder, good looks, well thought out instrument layout, stiff frame, no squeaks rattles or any other annoying feedback, good grippy continental tires... I am really impressed with the engineering and quality of build.
Cons: Front seats are way to firm. I had to make myself some foam seat cushions. Rear seat does not have enough head room for anyone over 6 feet. Interior cloth seems like it may not wear all that well. CVT does not handle well going 1-4 mph up steep hills like my driveway. It has almost stalled on me. The CVT like all modern auto transmissions seeks an rpm that is too low. This is done for max fuel economy and emissions but it would be better for the engine and driving experience to keep the rpms a little higher especially cruising and slowly accelarating at low speeds 5-35mph. This problem can be overridden in manual mode for the most part. Brakes were too sensitive but after 5k they are better.
Overall review: You should definitely test drive this car if your in the market place for a sporty, economical, reliable, well built, fun, practical sedan. Beware the firm drivers seat.
A nice Car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/03/2012. Trim: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, Owned 2 years.
Pros: So far it has been a great Car. My Wife and I like our Nissan a lot And I was a Auto Mechanic for 28 years
Cons: None
Overall review: Nuff said
Decent car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/27/2014. Trim: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Handles great! Rides good. Interior is ok for 4 smaller adults, so its a good fit for us. Like the CVT, car gets up and goes when you want it too!
Cons: Engine failed @42k miles, replaced no questions asked! Brakes lightning fast, front was always sqeaking until I put ceramic pads on the at 21k, now they are fine. Interior cloth is cheap, some reason it can't be cleaned very well. Stay away from light colors!!
Overall review: The car is pretty good. Dealer is great, but the car itself is lacking a little bit, would I buy another, maybe....
passenger car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/02/2013. Trim: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, Owned 3 years.
Pros: great running, trouble free little car, no issues whatsoever with it mechanicly however i will have to drive my good value out of it because the dealer offers no good tradein price allowance on it!!
Cons: paint finish not so good.
Overall review: overall a very good buy for anyone!
Smooth Ride by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/20/2012. Trim: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Eventhought it is a 2.5 4 cyl engine it moves like a v6. I average a 32 mph Fuel economy with heavy city and highway driving. The interior is very sturdy and puts up with a lot of abuse.
Cons: Had a light issue with the windows, all were slugish to roll up. after a quick visit to the repair shop they all had to be oiled and work fine.
Overall review: Exceptional vehicle. No issues at 50k. interior is strong and engine is very reliabel.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next