1996 Hyundai Elantra

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
The Way To Work Car by Rip off Mother from Omaha, Ne on 08/30/2001. Trim: 1996 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 3 years.
Pros: its nice and compact. a good car for an elderly person.
Cons: since I purchase this car, I have had some many problems with the engine knocking, front in brake work, where something by the wheels keep poppin off. Transmission had problems, and was in the shop 2 months after I had purchased the car. 3 times its been in the shop for transmission problems and with the engine light coming on. I feel like I purchase a lemon.
Overall review: Overall, I can't wait until I pay this car off. This car maybe better now as time goes on. But this 1996 was not worth the buy.
Review ID: #201906 Is this review offensive?
GREAT little car by George Snohomish, WA on 05/22/2011. Trim: 1996 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Dependable, Great gas milage. When washed it looks as good as any car on the lot. The tranny has an overdrive button, also a button for extra power like climbing steep grades, I works Great. It handles really good in the snow with it's front wheel drive and if I have to put on chains or cables there is no stopping it's ability. Have used it a lot gkoing into the mountians going snow skiing. Great head room, more than any of the American or japense cars.
Cons: nothing.
Overall review: This car has been like a TIMEX, It's just keeps on going after 155,000 miles. I bought used withe 2000 miles
Still believe in Hyundais! by Squeeze on 04/07/2005. Trim: 1996 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Totally dependable; have had this car almost 9 years. 174,000 miles (original engine, original clutch) and still going strong (well, as strong as a 9-year old 4 cylinder gets). I wrote a review almost 3 years ago & I still love this car. Best value for the $. The first rust that appeared on the car was due to a Dec. 2004 ice storm; I had to use a gardening shovel to chip around my door to get in & chipped the paint in a few spots.
Cons: nothing except she keeps getting more & more & more miles on her! (Hoping she makes it to 250,000 or until Hyundai releases a hybrid)
Overall review: Great car, great car company. We've always been treated well and fairly by every Hyundai dealership/service department we've been to (in 3 states). I have always been impressed by the attitude and treatment I've received. There is no other car company out there for me; this is my second Hyundai in 17 years & they've made a believer out of me.
KOREA'S REVENGE by SUCKER-CLEV. OH on 01/11/2004. Trim: 1996 Hyundai Elantra Base, Owned 8 years.
Pros: CHEAP TRANSPORTATION-GOOD AROUND CITY
Cons: RUST BUCKET NOT BODY, UNDERNEATH--BRAKE PARTS AND EXHAUST
Overall review: IMPOSSIBLE TO DO OWN WORK ON--BAD DESIGN-
Dependable transportation. by Jeff from Wisconsin on 11/21/2003. Trim: 1996 Hyundai Elantra Base, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Solid car. I got the car with 24k and now it has 110K. Only had to put 500$ into repairs. Not bad. Still runs great and very dependable. Ave. 33 miles on the hwy. Great commuter car. First Hyundai, a little nervous at first but now I would buy another.
Cons: Minor problems such as broken interior door handles and rear seat belt. Paint is thin.
Overall review: Not too stylish but very dependable.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next