1996 Hyundai Accent

1996 Hyundai Accent Prices
1996 Hyundai Accent Fuel Economy
My Accent by Sean on 11/14/2009. Trim: 1996 Hyundai Accent Sedan, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Hi, my Sean Beharry here from Saint. Lucia West. Indies and have owned this car for 6 years now and for a 13 year old car WOW! It’s been great so far. People ask me to sell it to them but only if I can get me another in good condition @ that age I will be happy to take another ACCENT 4door yes I would, the fuel use is very good and for it size; the acceleration is wonderful.
Cons: The parts I had to change was like getting new shoes because only the rubbers for the suspension I had to change over and it was worth it so now my car is like new smooth ride.
Overall review: Take care of you ride and you will never lose it after years to come. Yours truly Sean Beharry of Saint. Lucia
hyundi speaks of the N.W.O. by S0undnVisi0n from Lighthousepoint,fla. on 03/11/2004. Trim: 1996 Hyundai Accent Hatchback, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: i like the fact that it was as well maintained as a 20something female could do before i bought it for my valentine as the old owner tasted for a96 stang gt...general junk was to be expected ...shimmies at 75+ ,some oil seeps and the computer chip is acting up alittle and needs to be turned on twice before it starts...and the trans was replaced probably due to driver error ...but all in all if we play our cards right this dumpling will last.
Cons: you know i was alittle put off that the factory would not transfer the warrantee seeing as there was only two years left on it and 35000 miles to go...i thought that was pretty cheapass to find out after we had bought it in good faith...the dash had been replaced only to crack in the same exact spot for why it was replaced to begin with...so think ,what other little surprises hyundi has in store?...no car today doesn't have the word''BIC''stamped somewhere on it as planned obsolesence is what auto~makers thrive on...that and highering prices for shifty engineering practices...get used to it!!!
Overall review: this crampy little car that you can't put your arms behind your head to relax in was a primer to what the consumer will be forced to settle for in the future of phoney gas hikes and will only serve to teach us to screw the other guy alittle harder to get what we feel we truly deserve in life.i should feel lucky(rrrrright!!)that the days of being able to fix your car yourself are almost over. this great little car is but one example of how we are being compromized into a corner because of what politics has forced really excellent engineers to spew out of their drafting tables...god have mercy on us all.
Somewhat Reliable by Denise on 01/02/2004. Trim: 1996 Hyundai Accent Sedan, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I like the fact that it has never broken down on me in the middle of traffic. And we discover a problem, then it's all taken care of. Nothing else ties to it.
Cons: I hear a lot of people replacing their transmissions. This is very common and very true!!! At 63,000 miles, the transmission was torn to pieces on the inside. The mechanic mentioned that Hyundai is notorius of having "disposable" transmissions. About $3, 000 dollars later. This was a year ago. I did also have a problem with an O2 sensor in the first year. Otherwise, now I am experiencing power surges after replacing TWO alternators! We have owned the car for about 6 years now. And it's reliability is great. But if you discover any problems, take care of it, as you should with any car. So, it can be great if babied enough.
Overall review: Decent little car. But ask about the warranty. Purchase the extended warranty to the fullest!! And, if it's used ask about the weaknesses I have described above. It's worth that blue book value. The 2,500 or 3,000. But that's it. Don't let anyone charge you more!
Reliable by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/14/2003. Trim: 1996 Hyundai Accent Sedan, Owned 6 years.
Overall review: Reliable and a good deal for the price.
It keeps going... by Oregon Bren on 08/12/2003. Trim: 1996 Hyundai Accent Hatchback, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I like the style of the hatchback. Overall I have been very happy with this car. Mechanically, the car doesn't have any problems.
Cons: Some of the minor parts on the car are not holding up well, e.g. door handle, window rollers, window off track. Quality of these parts is minimal.
Overall review: Overall, a good car for the price.