2010 Toyota Highlander

"A Great Vehicle" by Stingraymo in AZ on 08/07/2010. Trim: 2010 Toyota Highlander SE 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Performance, Body Integrity,Comfort
Overall review: This vehicle has outstanding performance. Gas mileage is pretty much as advertised (17-23). I have never gotten as low as 17. It normally runs around 22. I have not taken it on trip yet to really test the highway mpg. I owned a Toyota back in the 70's and 80's and it was the best car I have ever owned. I would have purchased another one sooner but being 6' 5" Toyota did not produce any models that I fit in comfortably until now. The Highlander, since 2008, is a much roomier vehicle and is very comfortable to drive.
Best of the non-luxury SUV line by Shankapotamous in Colorado Springs on 07/20/2010. Trim: 2010 Toyota Highlander Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Solid feel all the way around. JBL stereo system is nice but not fantastic. Power lift gate. Plenty of power. Towing capacity. 2nd row Captains chairs and adjustable 2nd row seating. Climate control system is top notch. Hands Free bluetooth. Leather fabric is wonderful. Plenty of cup holders. Ridiculously smooth ride for a non-luxury mid-size SUV. Regular unleaded fuel. Heated window washer. Backup camera. Smart key system. Push button ignition. MP-3 playability. Driver information display.
Cons: Power seats adjustment does not provide enough variability. Tires are of poor quality and won't last past 10K miles. TOYO will help with replacements if they wear out too soon though. No XM receiver. No silver cross bars available for the silver roof rails (black only). Poor color choices in 2010 models - Sandy Beach was the only one we could stomach. Would like more feedback from the road.
Overall review: Test drove all of the competition in the $35-40K range. The highlander was an easy choice for its smooth ride, amenities and looks. It has pently of room for tall drivers (I am 6-4) and plenty of storage. We got all the options except for navigation and DVD and have not been disappointed with anything. Was skeptical regarding the need for smart keys but after using it for several weeks, I must say that it is pretty neat. Being able to just walk up to the locked car, grab the handle, get in, push the button and go is .....satisfying. Have read reviews about the Toyo tires performance in snow and am not looking forward to next winter. But we are trying to keep an open mind. Averaging 18mpg in town and 23-24 on the freeway - acceptable for us. Overall, we are very satisfied and happy with the purchase - no buyers remorse here!
Fun all the way around! by James P from Sterling Va. on 04/21/2010. Trim: 2010 Toyota Highlander Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I had done a lot of reserch in mid size SUV's, I was leaning toward the Subaru Tribecia, then we test drove the Highlander. mine is a dealer demo so I got it at a significant reduction in price. it has excellent pickup and power, rides nice, a great long distance driver as well. my milage is so far 17 city and 24 Hwy, which is about what Toyota advertises.
Cons: I do not like the tires that came with the SUV, switching to micheliens ASAP. the systems are not very intutive, you MUST read the owners manual to figure out all of the capabilities availabe. I mean you need the remote to power raise the rear hatch, the manual button will not do it for you, yet the button to CLOSE the hatch is a powered close. does not make sense.
Overall review: overall the pros outweigh the cons, its fun to drive, fairly good on gas for this type of SUV. will tow 5000 pounds, and most of all its a joy to drive. if you need a midsize SUV and you have to spend a lot of time behind the wheel, this is the one for you.
Highlander by Karen on 09/09/2013. Trim: 2010 Toyota Highlander SE 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Style, drive
Overall review: Great!
The Ultimate SUV by Digger1954 from WV on 03/25/2010. Trim: 2010 Toyota Highlander Limited 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Everything !!!!!!
Cons: Original tires could be a better brand
Overall review: Best vehicle I have ever owned