2010 Land Rover LR2

2010 LR2 LUX package by Andrey on 03/31/2013. Trim: 2010 Land Rover LR2 HSE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Price. I bought my 2010 LR2 black on black with Luxury package and winter package (new tires) for 25K, with 36000 miles. Warranty replaced everything worn or not working. I feel like I stole this one, with it being in like new condition. I knew Land Rovers are not known for being reliable, but I also own a 2010 Volvo XC90 and they are reliable. The engine, transmission and drive components in my LR2 are exactly the same as in my Volvo XC90! Hopefully this makes my LR2 just as reliable, and if it is not eaten away by rust like the rest of the Rovers out there I may just keep it for a while. I get a combined average of 23mpg with Regular, but have to pay attention to get these numbers.
Cons: My Volvo XC90 is much smoother and quiter on the road, thus is the only con for me since I have a choice in what to drive on any given day. I can also put my children in a third row in a XC90 but not in my LR2.
Overall review: Great SUV. It is not as small and ugly as previous Freelander models. Very good and flexible on gas, much more reliable than previous years and are well undervalued due to poor reputation. I would highly recommend this vehicle over domestic brands to anyone needing an SUV that is trully luxury and quality with exceptional performance.
Safe and depedable on West Virginia roads. by Chappy Belleville, WV on 01/24/2011. Trim: 2010 Land Rover LR2 HSE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The LR2 gives a very nice ride on the highway as well as on the rough gravel roads we drive on daily. My wife has driven past several 4 wheel drive pickups stuck in the snow and came right on home with no trouble at all. All of the safety features give me the feeling that my wife is as safe as she could reasonably be driving on the roads.
Cons: Some of the options such as the navigation radio are very expensive. ($5000) And we decided against them even though we would have liked to have had them. It seems that servicing Land Rovers yourself is not encouraged.
Overall review: Very dependable and reliable so far. The Land Rover reputation is living up to our high expectations. This LR2 is nimble and the gas mileage is averaging 19.2 mpg. I am shocked there are not more Land Rovers on the roads. I would much rather be in this vehicle than many of the top selling Japanese brand suvs if I were to be in a serious accident. At 4600 lbs., the laws of physics would be on my side most of the time.
LR2 Outstanding Ride by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/21/2013. Trim: 2010 Land Rover LR2 HSE, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Outstanding car and very smooth ride in all weather conditions! Best car I have ever had and surprised don’t see many Land Rover LR2 on the road! Of all I tried this was the most comfortable and usable for the $$ available.
Cons: None!
Overall review: I DO recommend this car to all my SUV buying friends as I tell them to test drive and see!