2010 Toyota 4Runner

2010 Toyota 4Runner Prices
2010 Toyota 4Runner Fuel Economy
SUV that instills confidence. by Satisfied 4Runner owner from Salt Lake City on 03/15/2012. Trim: 2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4X4 V6, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Fuel efficiency and reliability are among the best out there. CR states 18 mpg; but we have owned for 2 years and have consistently had 20.9 mpg. For a non-hybrid mid-size SUV, that's incredible! Haven't had any mechanical problems since the day we bought it 2 years ago. The power of the redesigned motor is awesome. We live in the Rocky Mountains and have no problem accelerating up very steep roads. Plus, we see a lot of snow and it handles very well in the snow.
Cons: Would prefer AWD in the Trail trim rather than standard 4WD; however, not a deal breaker for us - just a preference. (AWD is standard in the Limited trim.)
Overall review: Awesome SUV! Big mountains? No problem. Harsh winter weather with lots of snow? No problem. We experience both of these conditions on a regular basis and our 4Runner Trail has come through for us time and time again. It gives us confidence to know that we can handle any driving condition - which is especially important since we have children. I love the new design of the exterior - especially of the Trial with the black trim. Our family loves to drive in this SUV and we will definitely be leaning towards buying one again when the time comes.
I love my work horse by Debbie from Kentucky on 02/19/2012. Trim: 2010 Toyota 4Runner Trail 4X4 V6, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It's outstanding off-road and handles well on paved roads.
Cons: The transmission can sometimes be a little clunky
Overall review: I've owned three Jeep Cherokees. I kept two of them in excess of 170,000 miles. I did major transmission and rear end work in both of these high mileage vehicles. I wanted a vehicle that would actually last into the +200,000 mile range with few worries. I'm hoping that I've found it. And, I use my vehicles for work, where I am often off-road. The Jeeps were great off-road, but the maintenance issues were to overwhelming. So, mine is behaving like the work horse that I need it to be. Go Toyota!
The Ultimate Truck by Wayne on 05/12/2011. Trim: 2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X2 V6, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This new generation is bigger, better ride and safer with side air bags. This is what I wanted when I bought my last 4 runner in 2007. It has a big truck ride like a Tahoe.
Overall review: Very happy with this buy.
GIVE SERIOUS CONSIDERATION TO THIS VEHICLE by NORTH COUNTY DRIVER on 09/10/2010. Trim: 2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4 V6, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I I do on road and off road use with my 4Runner, it is near excellent at both, with the edge to off road. Its gas mileage made me very surprised, 20 to 23 MP on road I will not give you my gas mileage off the road as that's not fair over all, given low speeds sometime at higher RPM's to go short distances, it will get you where other vehicles will not . I opted to have special Yokahamma Geolander tires installed and would advise you to do the same to get the full benefit of this vehicles potential , off the road and in snow. I have used it to pull a 5000 trailer on several occasions, both on road and off with excellent results, a V8 may have been helpful but the V6 did a capable job.
Cons: Seats could be a little more comfortable,,, you kind of sit on the seat not in it, a locking gas cap would be welcome and it would be nice to have a V8 as an option,,I have the V6 270 Hp and with a vehicle that weights 4700 lbs plus a V8 would have a little more snap . The design of the over hang on the rear window that contains the windshield wiper , causes air to swirl on the rear window and dirt and film build up very quickly,,, hard to keep back window clean, don' know how to correct that except to open window, a feature i love but is not always advisable. This vehicle requires and recommends 0w 20 synthetic oil and sometimes it not easy to find everywhere, I have used Ow 30 in a pinch .
Overall review: This vehicle fits many needs, and the price is not a lot considering what you get. There are lots of similar vehicle on the market, but none of them has the reliability of the Toyota line. If you like driving a sports car, you will not like this vehicle,,, it you want something to drive that is rugged, dependable, and have a lot of confidence in that it will get you where you want to go, both on the road and off, then this is a clear , and excellent choice.
Family SUV at it's finest by CJ - So Cal on 02/10/2014. Trim: 2010 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4X4 V6, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Reliability, Handling, off-road capabilities, daily commuting capabilities in terms of fuel efficiency for an SUV, safety for my family. Cost to maintain is very manageable and didn't have to pay a steep premium for all the features the vehicle offers.
Cons: distinct nose dive during heavy braking, not as quiet as a cabin as other SUVs but good enough, 2010 model did not have the option for mudflaps by manufacturer
Overall review: Perfect family SUV. My wife and I love driving it around town and it has seen trips to Yosemite, Mammoth, Sequoia national park, eastern sierras and up&down the pacific coast and soon Zion national park. Daily commutes are just as pleasant and fuel efficiency is good for an SUV getting 19.5mpg (w/ my wifes lead foot). We couldn't be more pleased with the vehicle and at 53k miles there hasn't been any major problems. Did have to upgrade tires after the one of the stocks blew out, the Nitto Crossteks are my new favorites. Hope and wishing this puppy last me til 200k miles!