2010 Nissan Xterra

2010 X-Terra SE by Gunner442 on 05/26/2010. Trim: 2010 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling Not Too Massive Versatility SE Trims offers some luxury Acceleration Handling ( It's a truck, not a Corvette!, it feels planted and stable on the road, cornering it's a 4x4 with a high center of gravity, adjust your driving style as needed) 4x4 capability Cost (0% percent finace and a good discount at the dealer) Comfortable My son can see outside from his booster seat XM SAT radio Storage Cubbies/Dual level glove box
Cons: Some blind spots, I just need to fine tune the side mirrors a bit more
Overall review: This is my first personally owned SUV. In the military I have 10s of thousands of miles in HMMWVs( Hummers), Range Rovers, and I had a Toyota Land Cruiser as an issued vehicle during a trip to the UAE post Gulf War I ( I'm retired from the miltary now). I've been a Camaro driver since the 80's and loved them all, but it was time to part ways with my recent Camaro, 01 Z-28, and move into something larger. I have 4 year old son, and the Z was not fitting our needs anymore. I've always like the look of the X-Terra so I put in on the "list". I also looked at a Pathfinder. Nice vehicle, but felt "bigger" when driving, when compared to the X-Terra. If I had more than one kid, I would of probably gone with the Pathfinder. Drove the X- Terra, and it felt right. Good acceleration, nice road feel, and right sized for me. Keep in mind it is a 4x4 truck, so it will not get great gas mileage or handle like a sports car, or ride like a Mercedes. Highly reccomended!
Great truck with a few rattles. Make sure to buy an off-road by josh on 12/08/2009. Trim: 2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Great stlying and great power. If you are looking for an off road vehicle look no further. Best off road vehicle out there and it has some the room and practicle use that the others don't. It has won almost every award in this category. Make sure you buy the off road model and it will hold it's value extremely well.
Cons: Gas milage has been worse than expected but I am still breaking it in so hopefully it will improve. The dash and door panels are not put together very well and rattle when it's cold. However, I have driven every other SUV and there really isn't any better gas milage or ride that is better in a truck frame. I traded my v8 pathfiinder in for this xterra and is much more solid. In other words, you can spend more money and get the same or worse ride with less power.
Overall review: I have driven and owned several SUVs and I have come to the conclusion that there are pros and cons for all of them. I would avoid toyota all together. There engines are very very slow and the performance in the FJ and 4 runner is a joke. I have had 4 cycliners that are more powerful than toyotas and they are not very comfortable with their small interiors and hard seats. Overall, I m pleased but the xterra is rough ride that will have a few squeaks and rattles.
My Xterra Pro 4 X by tonys from Denver on 03/02/2013. Trim: 2010 Nissan Xterra X 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: My first Nissan. I'm very pleased with my Xterra Pro 4x. Great off road and AWD handling. Roomy enough, Safety was impressive for a mid sized SUV.. Engine is plenty peppy and is very comfortable on the road. We bought this vehicle for long term use. So far so good.
Overall review: A keeper and I would recommend this very highly for someone with an active outdoor lifestyle.
Fun and Powerful SUV by bigbmc26 from Boston on 11/02/2012. Trim: 2010 Nissan Xterra S 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The true solid truck feel of the ride. Very fun to drive. The powerful 4.0L engine. Offroad capability. Reliablitly.
Cons: The stock stereo head unit and features, easily corrected with an aftermartket unit though.
Overall review: I purchased my 2010 Xterra in June of this year. I have since driven it up and down the east coast and taken it offroading as well. For a truck based SUV, I still manage 18 mpg on average (I do a lot of hwy driving, 70/30 split). I just got back from a trip to NC from MA and I averaged 21 mpg hwy. I can't say anything bad about this truck yet. I've owned a Jeep Wrangler in the past, but the ride and quality of the Xterra is much better for the money. If you're looking for a true go anywhere SUV, you really can't beat the Xterra for value and reliability. The 4Runner is expensive and the Wrangler has always had questionable reliability. Not many SUVs left in this category, the Xterra is the way to go.
I LOVE MY XTERRA by Gregs on 07/15/2011. Trim: 2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love my xterra! It is great for my off-roading adventures, as well as driving around in town.
Cons: Gas mileage could be a little bit better, but for the size and what I use it for it is great.
Overall review: Great car for anyone who likes the great outdoors. It's great for dirt roads in the mountains as well as hitting the city streets.