2010 Jeep Compass

Limited Jeep Compass 4X4 by Bugaboo on 03/02/2013. Trim: 2010 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4, Owned 3 years.
Pros: sharp handling and good mpg for an SUV
Cons: Poor acceleration and large blind spots in rear of vehicle. Typically 4 cyl engine buzz and suspension creaky, sqeeky
Overall review: I own the top of the line Limited version and it is well equipped and a good value overall.
great ride by ron from oklahoma on 12/05/2010. Trim: 2010 Jeep Compass Sport 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: good ride. good looks. great feel for the road.
Cons: can't see front end from drivers seat.
Overall review: I enjoy the handling.
Great little Jeep! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/20/2010. Trim: 2010 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The gas mileage is good. It has adequate leg room for a tall person. I don't like that Chrysler has part of the luggage rack built on to the car, but finishing it is an option to purchase yourself. It would look better to me if it came completed, or not be there at all. I hav'nt had a chance to utilize the 4x4 capabillity yet as I hav'nt had it but 6 mo.s. Also, the center console/arm rest does seem to have a mind of it's own. Which can be a little annoying. But as far as everything else; I love my little Nellie Bell!
Cons: The luggage rack is'nt all there, and the middle console/arm rest move's at random.
Overall review: I would highly recommend buying this adorable, highly functional car!
Capable vehicle with great perks. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/04/2010. Trim: 2010 Jeep Compass Sport 4X4 [Discontinued], Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I was able to test drive on snow and ice packed roads. What stood out for this vehicle, over the Liberty and Patriot, was ride comfort. I never felt like I was being tossed around in the vehicle, or that a crash helmet was required. I also appreciate the FWD with the option for 4WD. I'm seeing the same type of gas mileage as my previous vehicle, which was a FWD sports car. My driving is 90-95% city during the course of my week. Other likes: CVT transmission, EVIC system, Boston Acoustics sound system, optional 4WD lock, visibility, great amount of room (I'm 6'2"), gas mileage and the heated seats and mirrors.
Cons: With the radio off, the engine can be quite noisy. It feels underpowerd for the vehicle; however, given the good gas mileage, I understood this when buying the vehicle. Switching to and from high-beams seems to have a slight delay.
Overall review: I test drove the Subaru Forester, the Liberty, Patriot and the Compass. The Forester was open and airy, but some controls were oddly placed. I liked the Forester, and have owned several over the years; however, Subaru couldn't touch the deal I was given for the Jeep. The Liberty felt cramped, and very bouncy on the ice packed roads. The Patriot felt cramped, and cheap inside. The Compass was the best of all vehicles I test drove, the looks are growing on me. I wish they had offered the Ralleye edition for 2010; however, I have found websites that offer the body panels and rims to transform my ride into a Ralleye.
Loving our new Jeep! by NewJeepOwner on 02/11/2010. Trim: 2010 Jeep Compass Sport 4X4 [Discontinued], Owned 1 year.
Pros: Handling, ground clearance, sound system. The 4X4 system is front wheel drive until it senses slippage in the wheels; this really helps with the gas mileage - I routinely get 23-24 with a pretty good mix of city/hwy.
Cons: I've read reviews about this vehicle being a little noisy (engine-wise), and although I have noticed it at times, for the most part when I'm listening to music I can't tell at all. And, it is much quieter than my former '03 Kia Rio. Also, wish they could offer the uConnect at a lower price base; my model was just under $26K, but the uConnect was extra. And, the cargo room with the rear seats up is smaller than I thought it would be.
Overall review: Overall, I love this thing so far. It has handled the midwestern winter like a champ (the most snow we've seen in years). You hardly ever have to engage the 4X4 lock, unless you are going through a good distance of deeper snow. This vehicle gets better gas mileage than the competition (referring to similarly priced/optioned vehicles such as the Kia Sorento and the Subaru Forester). I recommend this vehicle to others.