2010 Jeep Wrangler

Jeep Stays True to Roots by Joe from PA on 04/04/2011. Trim: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Off-Road capability; Fit, finish and ease of use of soft top compared to prior models; Interior space on Unlimited models; Available options, Fuel economy, Ride and handling.
Cons: Engine lacks low end power; Automatic needs more gears; Fuel economy; Headlights; Lack of door or endgate holds.
Overall review: The 2010 Wrangler is very refined compared to prior generations. However, make no mistake, this is still a lifestyle vehicle being designed to be just as capable off-road as any other vehicle is on-road. Because of this the ride can be rather harsh compared to other vehicles, including those in the same segment. The soft-top is especially note-worthy compared to prior models with wind buffeting almost completely eliminated and ease of use greatly improved. The V-6 engine leaves a lot to be desired. Low end power is lacking which can be a burden off-road. While fuel economy has improved to an average of 18-20 mpg, more power and an extra gear or two in the transmission would help both economy and the overall "feel". Otherwise, interior controls are within reach and clearly marked, fit and finish is much better than prior models and space is very good in the Unlimited model. Overal an excellent vehicle for those that desire a vehicle that is equally competent on or off road.
Rubicon Says it All by AZPut from Tucson on 08/23/2010. Trim: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love this rig for the Arizona Sonoran Desert outback. It handles the rough stuff with ease. It replaces a 1987 Suzuki Samurai. I'm very glad I sprang for Rubicon performance.
Cons: A bit under-powered for freeway driving. The removable top panels should be insulated . . . they get damned hot in Arizona. Saved navigation tracks are limited to 12 and can not be exported. Good TOPO maps do not seem to be available for a Navigation option.
Overall review: The best there is for off-road. It's also a comfortable freeway cruiser and touring rig.
JEEP sometimes good by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/03/2011. Trim: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: its a jeep so know what your getting
Cons: real slow on highway no pep
Overall review: the jeep is a fun car to drive
The Trail rated Badge says it all. by Scout Master! on 01/17/2011. Trim: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This Vehicle is better then people give it credit for. If you are comparing this to other SUV models, you are not giving it a fair shake. It is a Jeep. It is an off road vehicle. It was built to go off road. It is not a luxury car. It is a vehicle that will take you to places you never could go before. If you are looking for a light and fluffy ride, sorry. It's a Jeep! Grow up!
Cons: The Arm rest. It's a bit short on the center consol. Additionally, for the life of me, I can not find the Maintainence Schedule in the Owner's manual or the CD. I was reminded, that the dealership will let me know when it needs something.....which worries me!
Overall review: This is my first Jeep Wrangler. I have always wanted one. But for some reason, I just never bought one. I have been driving it for about two weeks now. I regret that this is only my first Wrangler. I should have bought my first one 20 years ago! It is everything I want a vehicle to be! I can not wait to go on vacation to places I have never been!
Gratified by Jeep guy from Arkansas. on 08/19/2010. Trim: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Long time Jeep owner all the way back to the CJ's and everything in between and this is by far the best riding Jeep I have ever owned - although it is the first 4 door so the extended wheel base is a big reason for the better ride. Ease of use on the soft top is by far better now than the old days of snaps. Off road capability is better than any vehicle in its class. Dana 44's with low gears, factory lockers and sway disconnects make this a truly fun off-road recreational vehicle. If you get this thing stuck - you don't need to be there. A programmer on that engine and it does come to life and gas mileage gets a little better with that and getting past the break-in period helps.
Cons: Engine might be a little under powered compared to others in its class but with the lower Rubicon running gears and the 6 speed manual transmission - I get what I need. They could have done more with the functionality of the dash and storage - now I have to turn to after market - a lot of the after market products can be integrated into factory production.
Overall review: Although this vehicle isn't for everyone, I am extremely happy with the functionality and versatility of this modern Jeep vehicle. If you want the capabilities of this vehicle, you just can't worry about gas mileage. I have driven them all and you really have to go to the Rubicon setup with the manual 6 speed trans to get full capability. Overall - it is a great daily driver and weekend warrior.