2010 Dodge Grand Caravan

Surprise Mothers day gift for my wife, 2010 Dodge Caravan SE by Tom S. on 09/09/2010. Trim: 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The Caravan is a well designed van and is a bargain package in SE trim with the G package option. Don't hesitate to try one, you won't be disappointed. Van has a great turning radius too! Give Dodge credit for making an efficient highway tripper: On a recent road trip (105 miles highway) with the cruise set at 68 MPH for the majority of the ride our Caravan consumed only 3.68 gal. of E85 fuel. That's 26.9 MPG by the way, with the A/C on too! I'll bet we could have gotten over 30 MPG if we had run regular gasoline! So don't knock the 3.3 V6 it's a good proven Chrysler designed motor, and it should be as they've had 20 years to perfect it! However expect 11-12 MPG on E85 around town.
Cons: We had a transmission solenoid pack seal which leaked oil just recently. It was fixed in just a few hours under warranty though so no harm done even though it worried us. For my fist oil change I couldn't get the factory oil filter off even with a filter cup...hey Dodge it's supposed to be "hand tight" guys. There is even an easy procedure to reset the "change oil" message on the driver info. display. The Caravans handling is average to soft depending on your experience, but it's capable enough. The terms "good handling" and "minivan" are usually not uttered together anyway. Around town and on the road it's a comfortable quiet cabin and welcoming environment for long road trips.
Overall review: Our Brilliant Black Caravan (get the dark slate int.) has 3,500 miles now. We love it, and so we're sharing our review with you. I went with the SE for the flex fuel capable engine. The SE can also be optioned with a "G" package and "popular equipment group" which gives you power: liftgate, dual sliding doors, rear vent windows, adjustable pedals, and factory remote start. The G package has white face gauges, extra power outlets, a 7 button remote and 16" aluminum wheels. All this is still $1,100 less than the SXT model. From the quiet and surprisingly capable 3.3 V6 engine to a comfortable ride, great brakes and superior turning radius the Caravan does its job very well. The 3.3 doesn't rev quickly but moves the van well stoplight to stoplight (plenty of torque from the 3.3). The stow & go rear seats work well, and when upright there's two cavernous floor storage comparments for suitcases, duffle bags, coolers etc. The second row seats adjust fore/aft for taller passengers too.
Just "Good Enough" for me by Soccer Mom, Chattanooga, TN on 09/25/2012. Trim: 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Dependable (so far), Convenient, DVD Player, Back-up Camera, Touch-screen Media, Cargo hold capacity is amazing with seats down
Cons: Poor Quality Interior, 3.3 L Engine (not enough "get up and go"), Noisy Sliding Doors, Doors are slow to react during school drop-off and pick-up, Bumpy Ride (feel every bump in the road), Small Noises (rattles) from interior, Transmission Slips, Dealer Service Center incompetent (kept my car for 1/2 day before notifying me that they didn't actually have the part for the key fob recall Dodge had been hounding me about)
Overall review: My van feels older than a 2010. It was my first mini-van purchase and I was "Wow"ed at the dealer. I made the purchase without doing proper research. I would classify it as "Good Enough", but in hindsight would have probably purchased from different car make. I do love the convenience and will probably continue to drive for several more years, just hope it holds up.
Grand Caravan 2010 is updated and has a Great Look! by Bunker-Michigan on 06/17/2010. Trim: 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Wonderful suspension and noise reduction in the cabin. Style of our new Grand Caravan is not the "typical" minivan. The outside style (especially the front of the vehicle) is like a SUV.
Cons: Recommend that five headsets and two remotes come with the vehicle. I had to buy 3 extra headsets and an extra remote.
Overall review: Recommend A+++
The ultimate value by Jimbo on 06/13/2010. Trim: 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Comfortable ride Quiet interior power doors
Cons: no power lift-gate standard brake pedal much higher than accelerator shifter hard to use in manual mode
Overall review: Cant beat this one for value. The 3.8 L has ample power and the ride is excellent. Rates a very close second place to the Honda but when you factor in the thousands saved its a no brainer.
Cheapest solution for soccer moms by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/19/2010. Trim: 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Finally the third row of the seats goes into the floor. Honda introduced this in 1999. Dodge picked it up only in 2008.
Cons: Dodge instal a "tiptronic" type of the automatic transmission but you can't use it. It's located absolutely where you can just switch from R to D. That's it, nothing more. I was told by the sales guy that 95% of the buyers don't even know how to use it. OK but... You pay for it several hundred bucks and can't use it. Strange isn't it? Tachometer (RPM) is not availavle on any of the trims. The basic model still comes without captain chairs on the third row. All compatitors already have 2-nd row in separated seats as a basic option. Old 3.3 L V6 engine with 4-gears is really OLD, unsufficient, gus eater and provides very bad acceleration.
Overall review: Still the cheapest option available on the market. If you want to save about 5-7 grand, and don't really care what you got for your money - that's your van. It's basic cargo/kids mover from point A to point B. It's far away from modern auto industry.