2010 Chrysler Town & Country

great concept, absolutely terrible construction by Mark in MIchigan on 06/12/2012. Trim: 2010 Chrysler Town & Country Touring Plus, Owned 2 years.
Pros: stow and go, 4.0 engine
Cons: brakes go bad within 45,000 miles, rear power doors freeze shut in the winter, navigation unit doesn't work when it rains (had the navigation/radio unit replaced, still had problems with it), the dvd plaver in the radio/navigation unit heats up so much that after long trips of being used it is useless (movies freezing up)!, fuses for adjustable pedals, rear power outlet went bad within 20,000 miles (had it fixed under warranty then the fuse blew again after at 38,000 miles), the bearings in the power doors go bad (nice grinding sound when opening doors), not enough room for 4 children (in car seats) and 2 adults on long trips.
Overall review: For a vehicle that is marketed toward families, this one is not very family friendly. My wife, who is 5 feet tall, could not sit comfortably in the 3rd row. There is hardly any room between the 2nd and the 3rd row, leaving us to wonder who exactly is supposed to sit back there!!! I bought this vehicle new and took great care of it (all the routine maintenance done) Overall I would never buy another Town and Country again. If someone was to give one to me then I would give it away or trade it in on a Honda or Toyota. I now own a full size van (12 passenger) and am very happy with it!
Great Minivan, More than I expected ! by Scott on 07/08/2010. Trim: 2010 Chrysler Town & Country Touring, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I used this vehicle to drive from Buffalo NY to Ottawa Canada and back. The 3.8L engine had plenty of power and the automatic transmission shifted smoothly. This vehicle was quiet, smooth riding and flawless. I did some city driving, but mostly highway at 70+ MPH my fuel economy on the digital gauge was 21.5 MPG I calculated it manually and it was about 20 MPG. My friend has the Honda with the engine management system and he gets 24MPG. My other friend has the Toyota Sienna and he gets about 20 MPG on the highway
Cons: The interior does seem a little cheap in comparison to the other vans. Lots of storage space but I am not sure what fits in that space "Form is not following Function. I would like a full center consul up front swivel and go should be an available option on all trim levels and a removable 8th passenger seat would be ideal (Between the two second row seats like the Toyota)
Overall review: I am searching for a new Minivan and had counted the Chrysler/Dodge out until I rented this vehicle. The Town and Country/Grand Caravan is back at the top of my list for my new minivan. If you are interested in a Sporty ride or handling buy a sedan. This is a van to transport the family to school, go camping tow a boat or trailer, etc. I really enjoyed my time in this van
"Room for the family and room for improvement" by John on 10/17/2011. Trim: 2010 Chrysler Town & Country Touring Plus, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Price point negotiable. If you aren't aware it's the same as the VW Routan that regularly is discounted 8 to 10K depending on trim. Some options aren't available on the VW but others come standard such as memory seats, again depending on trim. The upper end interior and tech options on the T&C are real nice. Never thought I needed automatic rain sensing wipers but they are great. 4.0 is powerful and will get 25 mpg at 70-75 on the highway. Comfortable drivers seat and no complaints from teens and tweens in the back. Backseat TV was good enough to renew after the trial. Service contract has been worth it for rental replacement alone.
Cons: City mpg not so good at less than 14, consitant combined mileage was 16.5 about the same as my 08 Unlimited wrangler. No 4 wheel drive availability made me often regret the switch when snow fell. I needed 4 snow tires so I didn't get stuck in the driveway. Nuisance sounds banging and ticking required several service visits to remedy. Brake cables loose and dangling needed to be secured properly, new belt tensioner and belt, front brake steering shimmy, rear break premature wear with less than 24k on the vehicle, tranny shifts rough 1st to 2nd. RRT for vehicles to be sold only, dealer said mine wasn't affected even though it was mentioned on earlier service reciept. Not a great resale value.
Overall review: 24K in 1 year of owning it has been anything but trouble free, however, most issues are nuisance type and with oil changes free every 3k miles with the purchased service contract, the service has been scheduled along with regular maintenance. The next service scheduled apparently includes a $100. I'll have to forfeit as a deductable to address the front brake problem recently acknowledged by Chrysler. Either the high end VW with free maintenance or The equivilent Chrysler with advanced techy options and the service contract seem to be a decent value compared to the imports that aren't discounted remarkably.
Bad van by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/18/2011. Trim: 2010 Chrysler Town & Country Touring, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nothing much to say good.
Cons: Front rodters going bad in just 12000 miles. 3.8 engine has no power. Sides of front and rear seats make it hard to get into. Bad gas milage.
Overall review: I don't like this van.
Well Done Chysler by Muffin from Ohio on 02/05/2014. Trim: 2010 Chrysler Town & Country Touring, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Stow and go seating is a great thing to have, problem free, doors don't freeze (my sons car does) and it's just a great mini van overall power lift gate is a mist for my family,enough space in the trunk for all 3 kid's gym bags and bookbags, the outlet inside the car is a really helpful thing for charging iPhones and iPads. AC and heating is very. Good
Cons: I don't really like how the interior is hard to clean, seems like there is Alonso's too much storage and seats can be uncomfroable at times
Overall review: Is a good mini van