2010 Honda CR-V

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
Kept us safe in wreck. by Dimples from Indianapolis, IN on 07/08/2012. Trim: 2010 Honda CR-V EX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: We HAD a 2010 CRV until I was t-boned by a Rav4. The Honda CRV held up tremendously to the hit. The driver had to have been going over 40mph when hitting me, no braking to soften the blow. I had two children with me, 6 and 3. It hit the 6 year old's door (drivers side). The girls walked away from the crash with a rash/bruise on their neck/shoulder area from their seat belts. I am so VERY impressed with this vehicle. It withstood a 360. Even though I believe the wheels did fly off the road during our donut, we never flipped. I am so thankful for the safety features. Our side airbag went off in perfect time and protected me and my daughter from the windows/doors.
Cons: There wasn't much I could say I dislike. My only complaint ever about this car was that the seatbelt latches are attached with cloth which made it kind of difficult to latch the seatbelt. Coming from having a Toyota Sienna where the seatbelt latch was held with a plastic piece, so you just take the seatbelt and snap it in without searching and holding the latch for it.
Overall review: We are looking at getting another CRV... we love it. It kept our children safe! Another plus, it drives like a car.... not a truck. Although it's an SUV, it rides so nicely!
Best small SUV made. by monkeyfurball Minneapolis on 09/24/2011. Trim: 2010 Honda CR-V EX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very reliable mechanically. This is our 3rd AWD Honda CRV and they all have been exceptional cars. On a 5000 mile vacation this summer I got 33 mpg average with a top of 36 mpg--with an AWD . The car is only rated at 28 mpg highway. Never mechanical problems on my CRV's . Not even a brake pad change was needed on any of my old CRV's and I owned each one for around 85,000 miles.
Cons: No cons.
Overall review: I think the CRV is good looking, very reliable and a great value. It also has excellent resale value. My 6 yr old CRV was traded on a new CRV last summer and the dealer gave me $12,500 trade in. I only paid $23k for the car new. And they discounted the new car to about dealer invoice. Inexpensive to operate and own. Fine car for our snowy MN winters.
Good sound car by Gary, Kansas on 06/02/2013. Trim: 2010 Honda CR-V EX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Good auto for wife but not for large person.
Cons: Little small on inside seating. Ex model did not have power driver seat until you went to ex-l model.
Overall review: Good sound car, little small
So Far So Good by Dan The Man from Houston Texas on 03/31/2013. Trim: 2010 Honda CR-V LX 2WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Traded in my first car (1994 Toyota Truck) for this 2010 CRV - paid around $22k drive out with life time free oil change. I've driven about 33500 miles on it. It is more comfortable than the truck for sure. Hopefully it is as reliable as the truck - never left me stranded on the road in those 16 years.
Cons: cheap tires, road noise, and a bit difficult to replace the engine air filter.
Overall review: so far so good
Disappointing Seats and Engine by Joe Mosely on 09/10/2011. Trim: 2010 Honda CR-V EX 4WD 5-Spd AT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Good Fit and Finish. Good brakes. Unassuming looks. Will likely require little maintenance.
Cons: Throttle response hesitates even after TSB fix. Lacks sufficient power for its weight. Seats are not ergonomic and lack adjustability. For the money the seats feel cheap and flimsy. No lumbar support and intrusive head restraints. AWD system is of primitive design compared to say Subaru. The engine needs a bit more torque for the vehicles weight. The transmission can't hold a gear when executing a passing manuever or trying to cross a busy city intersection. The MPG is disappointing with an average of 20.4. Again the result of an underpowered engine forced into duty to haul around a heavy vehicle. It needs a turbo like the Acura RDX, Forrester or a small V6 like Toyota's RAV.
Overall review: CRV is stylish but disappointing. The engine is underpowered for the weight of the vehicle and the electronic throttle lacks response. Honda has a TSB out to try and fix the throttle hesitation but it remains an issue. In the burbs or rural areas some of these issues may not be detracting but in the hustle and bustle of metro driving the weaknesses become apparent. Crossing busy intersections become dangerous when the throttle hesitates while pulling into traffic or the lack of lack of power leaves the transmission furiously downshifting while forward motion languishes. You will not notice these in a short test drive. Wish I had bought the Subaru Forrester with its true AWD system and turbo option. The seats are poor. They force you into a slouch with no lumbar support and head restraints that protrude forward. There is no seat adjustment unless you buy the top of the line EX-L with leather seats. Overall I'd say this vehicle should be limited to around town soccer mom duty.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next