2010 Hyundai Elantra

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
GREAT CAR! by Patrick, NY on 09/24/2011. Trim: 2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: GREAT CAR!
Overall review: GREAT CAR!
Great small car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/02/2011. Trim: 2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Good ride for a small car and great gas mileage.
Cons: Paint finish could be a lot better too much orange peel.
Overall review: Good around town car and short trips.
Excellent value by Logical, Michigan on 07/22/2011. Trim: 2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Most everithing
Cons: None so far
Overall review: Excellent compact car
A great ride. by Tom on 03/27/2011. Trim: 2010 Hyundai Elantra SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Traded our 2007 in for a newer 2010 ans love it. Added moon roof and grea t for the summer months.
Cons: None yet.
Overall review: Love it.
Not a bad car, but won't go with Hyundai again :/ by Drew on 04/23/2014. Trim: 2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The overall interior seemed to be 'upscale' for this model year comparatively. It is relatively roomy for this class segment as well. Stereo packs a punch surprisingly. Fuel Economy was average, I got 30-32 overall, I do mostly around town driving and occasional highway. I'd say 27-28 City, and 32-34 highway
Cons: The ride is stiff, and so is the handling. The power steering has heavy/hard feedback, I found it difficult at times to make turns and just normal accelerating and switching lanes. The road noise isn't as quiet as other rides. Driving on a windy day is horrible, and I'm talking anything above 15 mph on the highway, it feels like your being shoved all over the road. I live in PA and survived this car only for 1 winter and it did alright, but I will say that if you have to suddenly brake on snow, the car made this horrible grinding noise when I slammed on the break, (not that you're suppose to do that anyhow) but with previous vehicles this never occurred and breaks had been cleared as OK.
Overall review: I previously owned a 1999 Hyundai Elantra and I really liked that vehicle overall. Throughout the decade Hyundai has stepped it up considerably from those days, but not necessarily for the better in terms of overall driving experience. If I am going to be making payments and owning this vehicle I have to feel at one with the car so to speak, and this was not the vehicle for me unfortunately. They've upgraded significantly, but it seems they've lost the 'enjoyment' factor implementation in recent years. I would not recommend this car for these reasons, it wasn't a bad car by any means, it never gave me any issues as far as mechanically or electrically, I just wasn't a fan and probably will not purchase another Hyundai and I've always been against their cousin Kia I put 12k on this car, started at 25k and traded at 37k. Traded it in and got a 2012 Chevy Cruze 11 months after I bought it and I LOVE my Cruze. Shop around and test drive before you buy!!
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next