2010 Toyota RAV4

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
Honest, reliable and economical by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/17/2012. Trim: 2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited I4 4X4, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It is just an honest vehicle. It has good mileage (consistently 23 mpg in town). The cargo capacity is all we really need. The seating is very comfortable for 4. And in 2 years we have had no problems at all. It is the most reliable vehicle since the Toyato Tercel Stationwagon we bought in 1983.
Cons: There is nothing that we dislike about the vehicle.
Overall review: An honest vehicle - you get what you pay for with good economy, good cargo capacity, good comfort for 4, and good handling. Plenty of pep in the 4 cylinder engine, and a reasonably sporty response.
Nimble and Capable by Bob on 09/25/2010. Trim: 2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport V6 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I'm getting about 22MPG in mixed highway/city driving and love how the V6 goes when you tell it to go! Sitting up higher than a regular car makes me feel a little more relaxed in traffic because I can see better. The visibility from the driver's seat is surprisingly good thanks to well-placed mirrors. Handling is predictable and secure and all the passengers comment on how much leg room they have, even in the back seat. It feels bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside and while 4 people fit comfortably, 5 is a squeeze. Lots of cargo space in the back and the cargo area has tie downs. I love how the rear seats fold down for the big things!
Cons: The car came with the run-flat tires so no spare--a first for me. Technically the run-flat tires, when flat, are as good as the "plastic donut" tires you get with most cars these days so it's not supposed to be a problem. The road noise in the back is a bit loud on some types of pavement but it's not bad. The side-opening rear door is a blessing and a curse. It makes it easy to get up to the roof, should you want to load a bike or a kayak, for example. But, it's a pain in the rain (when an overhead door would keep you dry) and it opens the wrong way to get stuff out when parked on the street. The driver's seat took a little getting used to. It's OK now, but was a bit uncomfortable at first.
Overall review: Overall, it is quite a nimble and capable mini-SUV. The base model was nice, but I wanted a sunroof and the 4-cyl just didn't have the umph I like on the highway, so I ended up with the V6 Sport and I'm very happy with it. The front-wheel drive with the limited slip would probably be sufficient for 99% of my driving but I still got the 4WD "just in case." If you want to save some $$ (and could find one so equipped) getting just the FWD would be a way to save some on the final price. The stock Bridgestones are great on the highway, which is where I do 99% of my driving. We'll see how they handle the snow, in a few months. Having done a lot of off-roading in the past, I've found that the key to traction is in the tires first, and the 4WD a distant second. So, even with the 4WD, I might be shopping for some winter tires for the snow. Nevertheless, it's a sweet ride!
Rav4 is on par with Kluger by Mehta on 10/22/2012. Trim: 2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited I4 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Always been with Toyota throughout my life because of the reliability, agility, economical benefits and the extremely good resale value Toyota brings backed by a company that has excellent after sales service. Earlier had a 05 Camry which apart from its service never made me spend an extra 5 cents on any mechanical problem. Currently have a 2010 Rav4 and couldn't have made a better choice. Powerful, great control, economical, massive storage space and endless features. The vehicle is an all rounder able to be driven in the country or city with no problems. I have a metallic burgundy/Barcelona red color and it shines out on the road!
Cons: The dashboard could have been made to look more elegant as better
Overall review: Worth every cent, and don't worry you won't have troubles selling this car at a great price either
excellent SUV by Tx on 10/22/2012. Trim: 2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited I4 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything in vehicle is where it should be, controls easy to read and operate.
Cons: N/A
Overall review: Traded a 2010 4cil altima, Rav 4 also a 4 cil but Rav has better acceleration and is quiter. Very happy with Toyota, when time comes we will purchase another Toyota. We are a family of four, rear seat occupied by 4 mth old and 4yr old. Rav is very spacious
Cons: N/A