2010 Cadillac CTS

Totally disappointed! by Mark on 04/10/2010. Trim: 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.0L Luxury AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Styling, handling, seating comfort, quiet ride. Absolutely was thrilled when I bought this car and drove it home. Read my overall review carefully and then research more reviews on differrent sites. The same problem I am having is happening to many other CTS owners.
Cons: Constant problems with electrical, brakes, paint (clear-coat), major engine hesitation when shifting gears at 20-30 miles per hour. Engine idles extremely rough, even after warm-up.
Overall review: 2010 CTS, 3,400 miles only. I cannot express how utterly disappointed I am with this car. The electronics are a mess. The entry/exit settings will not work for more than a day before they return to the factory settings. I set them to my liking and they change back on their own. The pre-sets for the driver's seat. Same thing. Set #1 for me #2 for my wife. They work for a day or two and then back to the factory settings. Brakes squel so bad that it is not only embarrassing, but so annoying it drives me insane. The clear-coat on the hood is turning a hazy shade of white in several spots. I paid $50,000 for this car and this is what I got. For that price... NOTHING SHOULD BE WRONG! The dealer will address the brake problem, but the electronics they cannot fix. Says it's a bug in the system, happening with many CTS's. The paint is a mystery and who knows what the dealer will decide. RESEARCH THE CTS LONG AND HARD BEFORE YOU MAKE A DECISION TO BUY ONE. I've had it with mine.
Almost hit their mark by Curt. OHIO on 03/28/2014. Trim: 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.0L Performance, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The looks of this car make it a winner.
Cons: The cabin noise level while driving was not a concern by engineers if you were to ask me. I would rate the noise level a 3 ( POOR ). The stereo, not at all up to par. My car is the performance package option and i think its a bit stiff over any surface other than smooth roads.
Overall review: I cant help but to like this car. Overall i rate this car a 7.5 out of 10
Enthusiast
Great Car by Al on 06/13/2013. Trim: 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Performance.
Pros: Had the CTS for a week. The performance, ride and interior design is great
Cons: A little low, I bump my head getting in and out.
Overall review: pros: great handling/ride Cons: Sits a little low
Nice upgrade, I've arrived by Butch from Ravenswood, WV on 03/02/2013. Trim: 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.0L Luxury AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The price for a used AWD Luxury was hard to beat and with the mileage on it, it's like a new car for half as much. Solid, comfortable, drives nice feels solid on the road. Standard Luxury AWD has plenty of options 3.0 automatic just cruises down the road with confidence. Looks are a great feature also. Looked long and hard for one at the right price. This car is better inside and out compared to the bland inside of a Mercedes C class. I think I made a good choice on a really nice Sedan with the options and the comfort and piece of mind knowing this is an American made GM vehicle.
Cons: These are hard to find in the AWD version at a good price. Drove newer and older models with the same options with higher price tags. A few issues with the engine stumbling, and the mileage. It is a Cadillac though. A little low to the ground for getting into and out of in parking spots.
Overall review: I feel this car is not for everyone, but if you are looking for a Luxury car that stands out, and performs, this is it. Having just purchased this last week, I may be premature in my assessment, but I really like this car and how it drives, feels and looks. But then again, I'm coming out of an HHR, the ultimate retro car, that also had a few of the features found on this Cadillac. Aluminum wheels, sport suspension, moon roof, leather, XM power heated seats, remote start, automatic with great fuel mileage.I hope it provides the reliability of the rest of my GM vehicles I've owned, I'll be very happy. This one was built in the US, not Canada or Mexico.
Great car. by Rw, Toronto Canada on 08/22/2012. Trim: 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Performance AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: nice styling, very comfortable ride, excellent handling for such a heavy car.
Cons: very noisy engine, poor paint quality (orange peel effect), front is a little low for our snow conditions.
Overall review: I would buy another one, but a CTS-V