2010 Ford Ranger

Great little truck. by Jerry on 01/19/2012. Trim: 2010 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 4-Door 4X2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The size and durability. The last small truck. Easy to manuver and park.
Cons: None
Overall review: Small and easy to manuver.
Little Beast by CountryBoy from Colorado on 07/18/2011. Trim: 2010 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab 4-Door 4X4, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the performance of this little beast. I have a 6 cyl 4X4. It gets me to where I need to go realiably , and after 1 year and 13800 miles later, still goes like it was just off the dealer's lot. 4X4 is also excellent. I did some off-roading and snow packed driving. Both instances, it did great. As expected, the mpgs drop significantly in 4X4. Mileage is above expectations. I get 24 mpg, combined city/hwy which is above the EPA estimated in the window sticker. The electronic stability control has saved me from flipping over dodging a pot hole, on the freeway, as wide and deep as a crater on the moon.
Cons: The interior is still in the 90's. Just like my old 1996 Ranger. Rear room, well I'ma big guy (6-2, 270lbs). I can sit OK by myself in the back. But that space has served well for interior cargo space.
Overall review: I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a versatile vehicle or a small business. Stay away from the 4 cyl engine. I had one in my 96 and it was not ideal in Sothern California going up those infamous passes. Overall, good truck.
After 2 months, still learning by xray from Little Elm, TX on 09/25/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Good refinements for a truck in this price range.
Cons: After 2500 miles, the only criticism I have is when I hit a bump while turning, I get a small "growl". I'm sure it'll turn into something someday, but the warranty should cover it.
Overall review: Good bang for the buck.
Ford Ranger Sport 4X4 (Loaded) by Michigan on 10/01/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Ranger Sport SuperCab 4-Door 4X4, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This is the first Ford I have bought new. My last vehicle was a Jeep Wrangler. I like the ride and handling. The interior comfort is a plus. Rear cab room is not made for adults. A small child, perhaps. But the extra space is good to have. The V6 4.0L engine is up to any task including towing a small boat. Gas mileage is what I would expect. (Low 20's on freeway) The trans cooler is a nice feature for towing. (This is the first automatic trans vehicle I have ever owned. I must be getting old.) Four wheel disc brakes! About time. The sound system... Great!
Cons: No full size spare with matching wheel! Save those tiny, temporary spare tires for a wind-up, rubber band powered small 'eco-friendly' car. This is a truck. Small truck, but still, at the price I paid a full size spare is needed. Ever heard of "Rotating your tires" ? Ground clearance. Or should I say the lack of. A 3 - 4 inch lift is needed.
Overall review: I like this truck. It rides very nice. Plenty of head room. (I stand 5'11" tall.) Not tested the four wheel drive yet. But the winter snow is coming. Gas mileage is O.K. I would recommend this truck to a friend. BUY AMERICAN (Your job may depend on it.)
The Almost Perfect Truck by Bill on 07/06/2010. Trim: 2010 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab 4X2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Nice design and not to big. Enough space in the cabin to load my tools behind the seats. Powerful air acond.
Cons: I bought a 4 cyl. instead of a 6 cyl. and I regret it greatly. Not enough power in the engine and this causes an extra fuel consumption. Don't like the sounds of the engine and has a lot of vibration when not moving. Hope this can be solved after the first check up at the dealer. I bought it 5 weeks ago. I will not recommend this pick up to anyone unless is 6 cylinders.
Overall review: My opinion is that this vehicle is a good option but never with a 4 cyl. option. It's just too weak and causes extra fuel consumption. This is if you use it as your main work transportation vehicle.