2010 Honda Accord

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Honda has outdone themselves! by Carl on 11/30/2009. Trim: 2010 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: My previous car was the 2003 Accord EX V6 sedan and i was a little nervous about switching to the 4 cyl engine. However, i was blown away when i test drove it by how smooth, crisp and peppy the 4 cyl engine was. Sure, 190 hp doesn't sound like much, but drive it and you will not be disappointed. The transmission is also smooth and crisp. Moreover, the car handles like a dream, and the suspension has a german feel to it (not for toyota camry lovers). The ride is firm and minimizes body roll and the car feels so rigid, that you feel confident when taking sharp turns. The steering is precise and quick. And last but not least, i love the interior design
Cons: The only reason i gave it a 9 for quality is because of what i've read online about the rear brake pads fading too quickly. I have yet to experience this problem, but apparantly a lot of people have. Aside from that, there really isn't anything to complain about. I could be really picky and mention the black leather seats: they seem a little grayish to me. My 03 Accord had dark black leather seats and i kind of miss that. Also, the turn signal and windshield wiper controls are not illuminated when the lights are turned on, making it difficult to see them at night. But, like i said, this is me being picky and trying to find something.
Overall review: The car is amazing and i find myself looking for excuses to drive it. One more thing i wanted to mention is the gas consumption, which is pretty impressive for a 4 cyl that gets 190 hp. So far i am averaging about 23-25 mpg with mostly city driving, and i've been pushing this car really hard. Also, regarding the rear brake pads, i spoke to someone who told me to switch the rotors and pads to non honda parts and the problem will be solved. Apparently, honda uses this cheap metal for their rotors and pads which causes them to wear quickly. Like i stated above, i have yet to experience this problem, but just wanted to share a "solution" with the people who are. I'm also thinking about getting the sport suspension kit that Honda offers for this car (not at all needed, but i like my ride real stiff and firm). I would definitely recommend this car to someone looking for a good looking spirited car but does not want to spend over 30K for it. Not for Camry lovers who enjoy the soft mushy ride!
I'm a believer in Honda quality by Nurse from Florida on 03/27/2011. Trim: 2010 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The car is spacious and comfortable. Responds well. Looks good. Trunk size is a plus since my work some times requires that I transport individuals with wheel chairs and or walkers. The Blue Tooth...is also great feature. I can't say enough good things about this car.
Cons: No real cons.
Overall review: This is a fantastic car!
prob. with VCM by Mass. car on 08/24/2013. Trim: 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 Sedan AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: generally comfortable commuter
Cons: The variable cylinder management is a problem, my car developed oil leak into the cylinders that were shut down, then this clogs the spark plugs. @ 70000 mi the dealer replaced the " small block" , they absorbed 95% of cost which was ~ $6,000. I am worried this may happen again .
Overall review: concerned about reliability of 6 cylinder
No More Accords for Me by JP Pittsburgh on 02/26/2013. Trim: 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 Sedan AT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Ran great for 25,000 miles and then developed a vibration at highway speeds. Own a 2008 model also that has the same problem with only 45,000 miles on it.
Cons: Honda refuses to acknowledge that there is a design problem causing the vibration problem. It is a characteristic of the vehicle. I wish they had put that on the sticker; I wouldn't have bought the car. Honda doesn't stand behind there product; refuses to acknowledge that this is a design flaw. The NHTSB shoud be investigating. Significant distraction at higher speeds.
Overall review: Before you purchase test drive on a highway at 50 to 75 miles per hour. Even if that is a good experience, remember that my problem started after 25,000. There is no way I will ever buy another Honda and I have owned 4.
Silky Smooth Sedan by JMW from Cincy on 01/10/2010. Trim: 2010 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan AT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Interior roominess, top notch quality fit and finish, peppy 4 cylinder engine, excellent blue tooth hands free cell phone operation, very good stereo system, tight handling.
Cons: Haven't found anything yet.
Overall review: For the price, it would be hard to beat the Accord. Handles like a much smaller vehicle, easy to manuver in traffic and on windy roads. At times it would be nice to have the extra power of a V6, but 95% of the time the 190hp I4 is more than adequate, and at $2000 cheaper to buy, plus the better fuel economy, it is a good choice. I did add body side molding and fog lights as dealer installed options, and in addition to the functionality of those options, they both add a good deal to the looks of the car. This is a great car and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next