2010 Chevrolet Traverse

The Good and The Bad by Ron from California on 03/25/2012. Trim: 2010 Chevrolet Traverse 1LT FWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Have owned Chevy Silverado pick-ups since the early 1980's and never thought of having anything different. The Traverse made me change my mind. Love the handling and the ride. The ease of getting in and out of the second and third row seats was a very important part of buying the Traverse. It gets very good gas mileage on long highway road trips. I have gotten up to 27 MPG using cruise and driving the speed limit.
Cons: I have been very disappointed in the city gas mileage. I have had the vehicle into the dealership every 1000 miles to complain about the 10 MPG's that i was getting and all I got was it would get better. Well it has, I now get 12 MPG. Quite a bit below the 17 MPG that is listed. Of course the dealerships answer is that 17 MPG is an estimate because each person drives differently. I drove 5.7 Liter pickups the same way and got 17 mpg in the city so how come this 6 cylinder can't get the same?
Overall review: If you can live with terrible gas mileage in the city this is a wonderful vehicle to drive and take on long or short highway trips. Loads of space and comfort to go with the ride. Good visibility and handling make this a pleasure to drive.
Best Value in its Class by BW, Richmond, VA on 06/20/2011. Trim: 2010 Chevrolet Traverse 2LT FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Best value for the money. Beautiful styling. Plenty of interior room even in driver's position. Plenty of power even for trailering. Great Bose sound system. Quiet ride. Good instrumentation and driver information system. Remote start is convenient. Cooling and heating are super for a large interior.
Cons: Nothing significant but storage compartments could be better. OnStar and XM are a little pricey. Seems like a growing subscriber base would lower the subscription prices.
Overall review: This is a great vehicle for the money and economical on gas considering the weight. I have had extremely good service on all my GM vehicles. I looked at other makes, but every positive feature pointed back to GM.
The Best SUV I Have owned by An MSN Autos Consumer Billie from Aberdeen, Md on 01/08/2012. Trim: 2010 Chevrolet Traverse 1LT FWD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Pros: The ride and looks. Cons: City fuel mileages
Cons: Blind spots.
Overall review: I have own three 4-Runners, one RX300 and a RAV4, this vehicle beats them in all areas.
My Dream Vehicle by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/20/2011. Trim: 2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Roomy interior, great features such as built in bluetooth, dual zone climate control, and fold-down split bench seat in the rear.
Cons: Nothing.
Overall review: We got our Traverse used at a local dealer. When we went, it was to have a pick up truck window repaired but as soon as I saw the Traverse, we knew we had to check it out. I had been shopping for larger, family vehicles because we have decided we want to add to our family, but I hated the options: full size SUV, minivan, conversion van, etc. My husband and I both love the sporty look of a crossover and consider it a bonus that we have the interior space of a minivan. After a short test drive, we signed the papers to purchase the Traverse and trade our pick up on the spot! I have never felt better about a car purchase (even though it means having payments again after over a year of no payments) nor have I ever enjoyed a car as much as this one!
Traverse over Acura for me by Kim from Seattle on 07/12/2010. Trim: 2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love my Traverse. I traded in my 2000 Pathfinder for this car and love the speedier acceleration, loads of room and many niceties like navigation, hands-free phone, back-up camera, stored seat settings, dual comfort settings, etc etc. It's big, but is easy to drive. I park in a crowded parking lot every day but my Traverse handles it with ease.
Cons: Mileage is pretty terrible -- and not what's advertised. I'm getting about 12 mpg. (But I love the info screen that automatically measures this for me.)
Overall review: I considered an Acura MDX, but ultimately chose the Traverse because it's much roomier and includes a lot more features for the same price.