2010 Ford Escape

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next
I drive to my moms every month by Francie from Whidbey Island on 08/21/2012. Trim: 2010 Ford Escape XLT 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I have put on over 30 thou miles in less than a year and a half. Also with driving around home and the 1 1/2 hour I drive down the Island I live on. Great drive! Fast pick up when needed! Seats are very comfortable, with driving 5 hours with stops, I have very little discomfort, just mostly road weary at the end of the drive. But once I get to my Moms and take a quick break I am ready to take us out to dinner. My Escape rides like a dream! I do 3 hours of intence city driveing of the 5 hr drive and the ease of safety and seeing trafic is wonderful!!
Cons: None with the preformance of the Escape, just an issue with the drivers window, some scraching and the need to be careful what the windows are cleanded with. Also folding the back seats down.
Overall review: I needed a new car as my beloved Volvo was old and I needed one that day. Stoped at the Ford dealer and test drove it and fell instantly in love with my Escape! Never thought I would own a Ford and would not trade it for another Volvo! My Volvo had become unrelible and the dealer was in my area so it was a great day!! I highly recamond the 2011 Escape and the dealer has been nothing but great!
Great Little SUV by CMS from Newport News VA on 11/16/2011. Trim: 2010 Ford Escape XLT FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great interior, fantastic gas mileage on the 4cyl, the Sync works very well with my wife's phone, even with only the front wheel drive it did very well in a few inches of snow last year, lots of cargo space, brakes very well, it accelerates pretty nicely, comfortable seats, smooth shifting from the transmission, handles turns great.
Cons: The trim on the front two side windows likes to ride up on the outside, had the dealer replace them under warranty but they still ride up a little. There is a decent amount of road noise at low speeds (mostly on older pavement), sometimes there is a little noise in the steering column (but that was corrected when the dealer lubricated it). Just FYI to any potential buyers, the Sync does have a well-documented problem syncing up to Samsung phones, the dealer can help you with that.
Overall review: Overall this is a great little suv, we traded in my 1994 Ranger (after it died). My wife drives it as her everyday car and has had no complaints. Plenty of room, great mpg both in the city and highway, nice interior, comfortable ride. A great buy all around.
GREAT SMALL SUV - by 3 yrs and I change to something else on 02/02/2013. Trim: 2010 Ford Escape Limited 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Had mine for 2.5 yrs. Love the performance - this thing moves! Lots of storage all over and easily accessible (check out the storage in the console - under their liner, it's HUGE). Seats heat in a blink, love the dual automatic climate control. AWD is seemless. Trans is OK most of the time. Handles very well and tows OK for a smaller vehicle, I've towed a trailer near 3500lbs - still got around 20 mpg on the highway. I've gotten up to 28 mpg on the highway, 21-23 around town, sometimes less depending on the terrain. I got the stereo upgrade and it is spectacular! USB and mini-pin connection work well as does Sirius. Good amount of charging ports.
Cons: The Sync stinks - I actually refer to it as "Stync". The microphone is placed poorly and people are always asking me to speak up, it hates Samsung products - wont voice dial them (neither Ford nor Samsung have a solution) Nice job Apple!! The trans shifts hard and odd with some regularity. Had around a $250 emissions repair at about 60K miles (yes I drive allot). Opening up the cargo space is a bit odd as you have to remove the headrests in the back and there's really no place to store them. Its a fairly noisy vehicle - lots of road noise. Be sure to rotate the tires every 5000 miles or they will become distorted and very LOUD.
Overall review: I bought this vehicle for the looks and the utility aspect as I have a Mustang GT convertible and needed something else for winter. Its been a great decision - less a minor repair. I'm at nearly 70,000 miles and it will likley go another 70,000 with no problem. Just not with ME - time to drive something else! Overall I made a great decision for what I paid - around $27,500 after discounts and negotiattions. I realy enjoy changing vehicles every few years.
Love this suv!!! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/21/2013. Trim: 2010 Ford Escape Limited 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Everything!!!!!!!!!! Love how the back seat folds up out of the way for my dog to have a large open space, room for her dog bed and water bowl.
Cons: The V6 mpg in the city could be better, but getting 30 mpg on the highway makes up for it....
Overall review: Love the looks (don't like how the 2013 looks) like how it runs and rides, only wish the V6 got better city mpg. Like how the back seat folds up out of the way for my dog.
Makes you want to cry by Jim from Oceanside on 09/15/2011. Trim: 2010 Ford Escape Limited FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like the size and overall style. It offered the equipment I wanted ie. navigation, duel zone climate control, sunroof, bluetooth, backup alarm and camera etc. It is pretty quiet on the hwy and has good visability. The V-6 has lots of spunk and gets pretty good mileage. I have averaged more than 25 mpg.
Cons: The sunroof has no wind deflector so is noisy. The navigation is a joke. The bluetooth will not work with my phone. The transmission slips between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd. Downshifts are terrible. Shifts between foreward and reverse take forever. The drivers seat is breaking down after just 15,000 miles. The climate control has little seperation. To fold the back seat flat you must first remove the headrests and the seat bottoms. The suspension suffers because the shocks have mostly compression dampening and little rebound dampening. But the worst thing is the dealers do nothing. My trade in was an Explorer and I wish I could have it back. I have never been so disapointed.
Overall review: If you buy one of these don't pay the extra money for the limited. Maybe Ford will fix the Escape in the 2013 model.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next